Volvo XC40 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my sunshade as part of my free 1000. One key shell was a fail and the big back mat was the wrong one but ….it’s a sun shade how could this go wrong.

Okay how the **** do you make this stupid large heavy thick (good quality) sit in the window properly? Am I missing something ? It seems too small to go everywhere and wedge in.

Any P8 users got It working and care to share how you did it.

True I was sick today still so maybe user error but ….it’s a sunshade !!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Got my sunshade as part of my free 1000. One key shell was a fail and the big back mat was the wrong one but ….it’s a sun shade how could this go wrong.

Okay how the **** do you make this stupid large heavy thick (good quality) sit in the window properly? Am I missing something ? It seems too small to go everywhere and wedge in.

Any P8 users got It working and care to share how you did it.

True I was sick today still so maybe user error but ….it’s a sunshade !!
I have it as well. Unfold it across the windshield so that the notch lines up the the console on the upper part of the windshield/roof. Use the sun visors to hold it in place at the top and then it should stay in place fine.

I can send a picture if that would be helpful.

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh do you turn the sun visors so they press against the shade and window or leave them in there non deployed positions?

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Oh it gets hot? Going to ask a question no insult meant did you have the shiney surface facing out?

I am surprised at how much less shiney than other sun shields it is. And it is very heavy and unwieldy as stated above.

·
Registered
2021 XC40 P8 - Bursting Blue
261 Posts
I've always had HeatShield shades in my cars; they use reflective (foil?) on the outside. Works wonders! They don't list the P8 directly but I can confirm the XC40 shade is a perfect fit -- apparently there's no difference to the sensor package layout between P8 and others.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts