·
Registered
2022 Volvo C40 Fjord Blue Pure Electric Recharge Ultimat
833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Apple iPhone link:

Font Screenshot Circle Number Parallel

Font Number Screenshot

I am currently charging my C40, so it won’t download the app. I’ll test it out tomorrow morning. Looks like there is a new map feature capability the Volvo Cars deployed. Would love to hear feedback on issues, concerns and ease of installation. Make sure you guys functional test it to make sure the app works out for all the features it currently has and you use.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Apple iPhone link:

View attachment 5159
View attachment 5160

I am currently charging my C40, so it won’t download the app. I’ll test it out tomorrow morning. Looks like there is a new map feature capability the Volvo Cars deployed. Would love to hear feedback on issues, concerns and ease of installation. Make sure you guys functional test it to make sure the app works out for all the features it currently has and you use.
Not sure I understand the “UX4 not supported” statement. Anyone make sense of this??

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
UX in computer speak just means a User Interface - software companies will maintain a suite of libraries with different User Interface widgets. This just means they have probably upgraded to version 5 of their internal library.
Cool. Thanks @GreenViking! I knew the UX part but wasn’t clear why they would put that out in their mobile software update.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I wish it showed the correct car as well!
Let me guess - silver XC60 ICE with the charging cable in the fuel flap on the right (wrong!) side? 😩

I'm starting to wonder if this is a 2023 issue 🤔

·
Registered
99 Posts
Let me guess - silver XC60 ICE with the charging cable in the fuel flap on the right (wrong!) side? 😩

I'm starting to wonder if this is a 2023 issue 🤔
Yep exactly what it is showing. After coming from the XC90 T8, which had a wealth of information (electric and gas usage, etc.) and the ability to download that info, the C40 app is very underwhelming.

Automotive parking light Vehicle Automotive lighting Car Automotive side-view mirror

·
Registered
2022 C40 Recharge
32 Posts
Map view is quite interesting (in a sort of creepy, checking-up-on-your-partner sort of way :ROFLMAO:). It doesn't appear to update while the car is moving/unlocked though, unless anyone's seen anything different? Not sure if mine just dropped off the network for a bit maybe.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Map view is quite interesting (in a sort of creepy, checking-up-on-your-partner sort of way :ROFLMAO:). It doesn't appear to update while the car is moving/unlocked though, unless anyone's seen anything different? Not sure if mine just dropped off the network for a bit maybe.
I haven't done much testing on the map capability as yet, planning on checking it as and when I do errands or taking road trips, etc.

·
Registered
Volvo C40 Recharge Twin
4 Posts
Yep exactly what it is showing. After coming from the XC90 T8, which had a wealth of information (electric and gas usage, etc.) and the ability to download that info, the C40 app is very underwhelming.

View attachment 5169
I notice than in this update besides the map the image of the C40 is finally correct. The entire time it has shown the rear window as having an obvious wiper. Now it is gone.
Automotive lighting Rectangle Bag Automotive tire Automotive design

·
Registered
99 Posts
I notice than in this update besides the map the image of the C40 is finally correct. The entire time it has shown the rear window as having an obvious wiper. Now it is gone.
View attachment 5172
Cool. Hopefully they will get to the 2023s at some point.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
It's displayed as 5.21.1 in the store... But installs as 5.20...
Maybe try downloading it from another location where you have good WiFi. It’s odd that the App Store shows available which it should but it doesn’t download for you. Best to call the Volvo dealer and check with them to see if they have seen this before through other local users around in your area. You could also call volvo customer support and tell them your issue and get their prognosis.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Yeah. Looks like they pulled it back, actually. I used to see 5.21.1 on the play store (but it wouldn't install or update, and stayed at 5.20 on my phone)... Now I only see 5.20 on the store... So maybe they'll come up with a 5.21.2 or 5.22 soon with bug fixes...

·
Registered
125 Posts
Yeah. Looks like they pulled it back, actually. I used to see 5.21.1 on the play store (but it wouldn't install or update, and stayed at 5.20 on my phone)... Now I only see 5.20 on the store... So maybe they'll come up with a 5.21.2 or 5.22 soon with bug fixes...
It's still 5.21.1 on the AppStore, and installs like 5.21.1 on IOS

1 - 20 of 30 Posts