Volvo XC40 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

Registered
I just posted on the other side how I was looking for something like this.

In researching, this the entire thing is based off a flash of a profile of a vehicle sitting next to the ex90 at the end of the launch event asking with some trademark filings.

It does not thrill me. I like the xc40 and ex90 for what they are. Simply washing them with hot water to shrink them into a small car seems lazy. I really think the c30 from 10 years ago holds up design wise.

I'm concerned about that black triangle on the front quarter panel. Is that intended to be the charging port? Why? Of course this is just someone's rendering and not official.

Are you sure that video is in Spanish?

Registered
Thoughts, if any?
Why, yes, that's the car I'd have bought if it had been available. Just the right size for me+wife. The C40 is, truthfully, a bit too large. And this unit will have all the new gee-whiz goodies from the EX90? Note the video intercuts between this uncited illustration and details from the C40.

Here's a clip from a designer who has sketched up the "EX90 Coupe" as a personal project.

Registered
2022 Volvo C40 Fjord Blue Pure Electric Recharge Ultimat
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

In researching, this the entire thing is based off a flash of a profile of a vehicle sitting next to the ex90 at the end of the launch event asking with some trademark filings.

It does not thrill me. I like the xc40 and ex90 for what they are. Simply washing them with hot water to shrink them into a small car seems lazy. I really think the c30 from 10 years ago holds up design wise.

I'm concerned about that black triangle on the front quarter panel. Is that intended to be the charging port? Why? Of course this is just someone's rendering and not official.

Here鈥檚 another rendering of the EX30 supposedly to be coming out in 2023/2024.

Registered
2022 XC40 Recharge Twin Fusion Red

A Spanish review - First time seeing an EX30 design. A mini (C40 + touches of the Volvo XC40) = EX 30.

Thoughts, if any?馃槍
I assume everything we've seen so far is a speculative rendering, although this one looks pretty "real". I guess we will know in the next 12 months! :)

Registered
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I assume everything we've seen so far is a speculative rendering, although this one looks pretty "real". I guess we will know in the next 12 months! :)
I heard the EX30 design was stolen - it definitely feels real and the different outside features is a mix and match. I like the rear design especially the tail lamps. This could be a huge seller for Volvo as it would compete directly with the Tesla Model 3, potential Model 2, Nissan Leaf 馃崈.

Registered
2022 XC40 Ultimate, Sage Green

I thought the car sitting next to the 90 was the EX60, due in 2024.

Registered
2020 XC40
I had 2 Ford Mach e's. Really like electric cars, differant and very reasonable to run. I like this new Volvo electric. I bought the XC 40 to go out West this spring with my wife. Montana the Dakotas, didnt want to bother figuering where to charge, getting stuck. I am going to keep this electric Volvo on my radar. Could be the next purchase.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I had 2 Ford Mach e's. Really like electric cars, differant and very reasonable to run. I like this new Volvo electric. I bought the XC 40 to go out West this spring with my wife. Montana the Dakotas, didnt want to bother figuering where to charge, getting stuck. I am going to keep this electric Volvo on my radar. Could be the next purchase.
Wheel Car Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

Well鈥alking about MachE, I saw this white MachE snoop-in behind me one weeknight at one of my favorite pizza spots. 鈽. It looked nice, and I couldn鈥檛 resist taking a quick click of it as it was parked not too close from my C40. I was trying to open the rear of my C40, with my foot and had to make sure I had good enough space. It鈥檚 good to see two EVs parked right behind each other 馃敟馃敟. But, I really love the Fjord Blue EV compared to the White One! 馃槆馃槆

Registered
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Nice picture. I like blue myself. I had both in Grabber Blue. One GTPE and the other was a Premium. Great cars. But frankly I prefer the Volvo.
That Grabber Blue is gorgeous.馃檶馃憦.

What made you change your mind from a Ford Mach E to a a Volvo? Was it鈥?

A. Minimalistic design elements.
B. Form follows function.
C. Top Notch Safety.
D. The integration with Google AAOS and Apple Car Play.
E. Battery Design (future models)
F. Range is better.
G. Cost.
F. What else did I miss? 馃槍

Registered
2020 XC40
In a prior reply I noted that I sold both Mach e's for a gas alternative. I am taking my wife out wes in the spring to visit states we never went ti and check it out. Some places are fairly remite. I dont want ti deal with range anxiety. Looking to plan where I go based on charging stations. The infrastructure for charging an electric car on road trips isnt there yet. Plus I like mechanical things, cars bikes. I have been through 5 cars in 2 years. But being retired, older. Do what I want. Why leave it to the kids to burn through. My humble opinion. When I had them both.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 26 Posts