Volvo XC40 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had another thread about how my ETC for my charge was way off of reality. No one has experienced that so I really with it and moved on.

Today my car had no sound output, not even the blinkers! I tried shutting it off and still no go. Then it hit me!

I pressed and held the button under the screen for a little bit to do a real reset. Too my amazement everything worked again to include the estimated time for the charge to complete. Eureka!

When the car stops doing something that it should, use the button!

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Here are some other magic techniques to be used when as a character in a book I love says ”weird bollocks happens”. After each technique below try the thing that had gone wrong. If it still fails please proceeding to the next

1. Exit vehicle. Lock Car. Visualize it switching off. Get back in and turn it on and Test problemish.

2. Reboot the computer by holding down the home key (big key center bottom of the display) for 20 seconds. After the Computer reboots, give it a few second to fully boot up. Now test It.

3. Exit vehicle. Lock Car. Visualize it switching off. Now walk away from the car, walk at least 30 feet from the car. (WARNING) make sure nobody else is close and that there are no other keys in the car. Wait 2 minutes (I will scientifically work on the needed wait time at some point). Now return to the car WITH ONLY ONE KEY. Open door, get in, switch it on and test the problem.

4. Do (3) BUT return to the car with a different key. Make sure all other keys stay away from the car unit you are finished. In this case if it works, make sure that you test it later with the original key.

5. Hold down the defrost button for a while to reset the modem.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Today my AC stopped working on my 25 minute drive to work at 5 in the morning. While driving, I pressed and held the magic button and my AC started working. I'm starting to think we might become best friends!

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Hopefully it will be needed less as stability increases. It is sad how many things in life need rebooting. My harmony remote gets wiggy and needs rebooting between 1 week and 6 months. For something that is used consistently it’s reboot needs vary a lot.

When I first got the car it needed a few reboots. Now it has had no issues for quite a while. The issues it had were minor but still …

·
Registered
3 Posts
Received the parking brake service required notice this morning when trying to go to work. Car won't shift into neutral, drive or reverse. We had heavy rain last night so I thought the brakes might have just been seized a bit. Tried rocking the car and it won't budge. Tried locking walking awaycoming back and repeated all the warnings. Walked away again and grabbed the second FOB, same warnings. Reset the central computer, same warnings still appeared, really was hoping the reset would work here.

I thought resetting might fix some issues but I didn't get so lucky. Tow mode is blacked out, same as the option to power down the vehicle from the center console.

Volvo keeps asking for us to just drive it down there, I wish I could... Cuz then I wouldn't need them. They're 2 weeks out on service calls and no loaners. So we have time to experiment I guess.

·
Registered
2021 White XC40 Recharge P8
226 Posts
Hopefully it will be needed less as stability increases. It is sad how many things in life need rebooting.
Good thing this isn't a flying car.

Those of us of a certain age remember when futurists said we'd have flying cars by now. I'd be happy if I could use the Jetson car sound for the low speed/backup pedestrian warning sound.

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Good thing this isn't a flying car.

Those of us of a certain age remember when futurists said we'd have flying cars by now. I'd be happy if I could use the Jetson car sound for the low speed/backup pedestrian warning sound.
Every time I breakdown or see a car by the side of the road i think … if that was a flying car they would probably be dead and or taken others with them.

Driving the P8 does feel like living in the future.

Swooosh

Reactions: Ces
1 - 7 of 7 Posts