Volvo XC40 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 72 Posts

· Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Instead of highjacking other threads decided to start my own.
Background….
Last week I lost LTE and GPS signal as well as getting an error for the SOS button.
Took the car to a dealer (not my local one) and they are looking into the issues.
One thing they did find was that the shark fin antena has a recall so they’ll be looking into that.
I also asked them to notify me if they a factory reset was needed so I could remove the car (end ownership) on the Volvo app.
To be continued, I’ll post progress as I get it.

· Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I would recommend just ending the ownership of the care if it's going to stay for a while on the dealer. It's easier to "adopt" it after than to go trough the trouble of having your car reset by the dealer.
There are 2 options. To disconnect or end ownership. Which one would be best in case they do a factory reset?

· Registered
13 Posts
There are 2 options. To disconnect or end ownership. Which one would be best in case they do a factory reset?
I did a bit more of research and the work to make it work again will be the same if they reset your car or if you end ownership, the only advantage being that when you end ownership you wont need to clear the app settings or reinstalling the app on your phone.

· Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I did a bit more of research and the work to make it work again will be the same if they reset your car or if you end ownership, the only advantage being that when you end ownership you wont need to clear the app settings or reinstalling the app on your phone.
Will there be any issues if I “end ownership” remotely? Are there any steps needed to be done at the car to end the ownership from the app?

· Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Also under end ownership it says

Rectangle Font Number Screenshot Document

Anyone knows what data about the car is it referring to?

· Registered
4 Posts
Instead of highjacking other threads decided to start my own.
Background….
Last week I lost LTE and GPS signal as well as getting an error for the SOS button.
Took the car to a dealer (not my local one) and they are looking into the issues.
One thing they did find was that the shark fin antena has a recall so they’ll be looking into that.
I also asked them to notify me if they a factory reset was needed so I could remove the car (end ownership) on the Volvo app.
To be continued, I’ll post progress as I get it.
Same, minus the SOS button error. Appointment with dealer on Dec. 12. On phone they feel it needs a TCAM reset. Done the defrost button hold many times, ditto for the rectangular button below the screen. Nothing worked.

· Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Day 2 and so far no updates from the dealer. I’m planning on calling them later.
At least they provided me with a loaner (small BMW 228). Boy I miss the build quality of the Volvo. I’m convinced it’s a tank with a few SW quirks.

· Registered
173 Posts
FWIW, just triaging my email and deleted a summary email from the Polestar forum, in which two of the threads are about lost data and gps. Across both makes the engineering teams cannot be unaware of this widespread problem.....

· Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Seems that the car is ready. New SW update, SOS service done and antena recall.
Don’t have the car yet but I’m crossing fingers that solved the issue.
Will post later when I have the car.
Crosses fingers.

Reactions: mike1234

· Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Dealer installed 1.8.1 and did recall 10140 (I believe it’s got the shark fin antenna). That cleared the gremlins. Crosses fingers.

Dealers are busy so I’m tempted to just go ahead and make an appt at my local dealer. The earliest ones are at the end of this month. At least have something on the books just in case.

· Registered
3 Posts
So last week when I took the car in, they said that they couldn't get their computers to communicate with the car to diagnose what was wrong. They said they would have to open a ticket with volvo engineers for help. It has been a week and there is no news from volvo engineers, so that is a little annoying. I am trying to be patient and just understand that things are messed up and slow right now. They arranged a rental car (paid by them) that ended up being a volkswagen. I feel like they should have provided a nicer car, one closer in quality to the volvo, does that seem like too much to ask?

· Registered
118 Posts
I feel like they should have provided a nicer car, one closer in quality to the volvo, does that seem like too much to ask?
No, not really. I know my Volvo dealer has always gone out of their way to get me the equivalent of what I was driving ( I also have the ICE XC90). Funny thing is I like to try different models, so I always ask for something else 😅

I do however also know they are short on cars everywhere, so that might be it.

· Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The saga continues. Planning on leaving for a weekend trip that will require multiple charging stops. Came to the car and noticed no internet signal and on top of that current limit amps greyed out and set at 6 amps.
I have a fast charger near me so at least I can use level 3 chargers.
Tried the defrost reset multiple times without luck. Tried the home reset multiple times without luck. Tried fooling it with the other keyfob and no luck.
I did notice that even though I had increased the charge from 90 to 100, it stopped charging the car at 90 at the fast charger.
I can travel without GPS or internet and with the charge at 90, but I’m concerned if there are any other hidden gremlins.

· Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
After trying a few time times, I was successful with the defrost reset.
Very strange.
Only unique thing today is that the the temp is on the low teens. Last night too.
Almost went for the factory reset. I learned that without internet you can’t do a factory reset.

Reactions: houkura
1 - 20 of 72 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.