Volvo XC40 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
'21 XC40 Recharge P8 Sage Green
1,050 Posts
Does anyone know if we have led headlights that are active bending capable?
Window sticker on my P8 said it comes standard with “LED headlights with DRL, AHB, and ABL”.

Which I presume means “Daytime Running Lights”, “Active High Beam”, and “Active Bending Lights”. I haven’t actually had a chance to see mine bend, though.

Reactions: 340driver

·
Registered
'21 XC40 Recharge P8 Sage Green
1,050 Posts
Window sticker also says “LED Front Fog Lights with Cornering” are standard.

·
Registered
2021 XC40 Recharge
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I couldn't wait for an answer so went out for a quick drive and was very impressed, much better than my 2018 XC60 was for lighting up the road and I also notice that this car got top safety + award.

·
Registered
3,672 Posts
They do indeed. I took mine into a dark little Forrest when I got her to play with them. They auto high beams are also awesome.

·
Registered
2021 XC40 P8 - Bursting Blue
263 Posts
I've seen it "bend" by just turning the wheel in the garage, but I'm not sure if it's bending or just turning on the fog light in the direction of the turn. I need to get my wife to look or steer and I'll steer or look....

I've only taken it out once after dark for a brief wanna-see-it-work test.

·
Registered
2021 XC40 Recharge
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I've seen it "bend" by just turning the wheel in the garage, but I'm not sure if it's bending or just turning on the fog light in the direction of the turn. I need to get my wife to look or steer and I'll steer or look....

I've only taken it out once after dark for a brief wanna-see-it-work test.
I read that the car has to be moving for the bending to work and noticed that as soon as I took it out last night on a test run.It is also one of the reasons this car got top saftey +

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.