Volvo XC40 Forum banner
101 - 118 of 118 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Just stumbled onto this clip in which "Volvo Kristian" rolls both a C40 and XC40 on the same 500km route between Bergen and Oslo. Night scenes show off the Pixel headlights in hard rain. He takes the XC40 down to about 2% at the end.

Stats: 473km, 22.5/100km at 74km/h average speed for just under seven hours

C40 & XC40 Twins, Bergen to Oslo

·
Registered
227 Posts
Found two new-to-me clips, review and a range test. Again, nothing new. Except the C40 is the luscious RED. These we’re posted recently but the car appears to have a black roof so might be specific to the producer’s market or could be a 2022 unit.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Found another new clip, this one is from a Canadian owner. He has some valid complaints including experiences with failed software and he points out the practical real world need for at least a few physical controls and knobs to retain some critical functions when the **** computer or the OS glitches out.
EDIT: Maybe this guy doesn’t actually own the car.

·
Registered
2022 Volvo C40 Fjord Blue Pure Electric Recharge Ultimat
830 Posts
Found another new clip, this one is from a Canadian owner. He has some valid complaints including experiences with failed software and he points out the practical real world need for at least a few physical controls and knobs to retain some critical functions when the **** computer or the OS glitches out.
EDIT: Maybe this guy doesn’t actually own the car.

·
Registered
830 Posts
Here’s a new C40 review from the US state of New Hampshire. She was invited by a local Volvo dealer to conduct the review. Not professional at all, tons of background noise, the video is not good but I like the sound of her engagement and working through the features. Car: 2023 Silver Dawn Metallic with a Fjord Blue interior C40.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Yeah, I saw this too but decided a 12-year-old's perspective wasn't all that helpful for someone considering a C40 or who wants to compare their experiences with an objective review. A "review" should contain more information than an unboxing. However, as you say, the young lady's perspective can be engaging.

·
Registered
830 Posts
Yeah, I saw this too but decided a 12-year-old's perspective wasn't all that helpful for someone considering a C40 or who wants to compare their experiences with an objective review. A "review" should contain more information than an unboxing. However, as you say, the young lady's perspective can be engaging.
Using this as her first gig maybe 🤔. Well kudos to her for trying and putting herself out there as a Volvo enthusiast. She’ll get the feedback she deserves, but, she took a shot at the C40, so I like that about her.

·
Registered
227 Posts
2023 Volvo C40 Recharge Twin Ultimate: Would You Buy This Over A Tesla?
He was so very concerned about the range decrease due to the cold weather. That's been a good topic on some of the other Volvo forums now that units are being delivered to the northern hemisphere in the dead of winter.

My C40 hopefully arrives in the next four to six weeks—dead of winter in Boise, Idaho, so my initial driving/charging experiences will all be based on sub-freezing nights and near-freezing days. We don't get much snow here in the valley so the twin motors won't get a good workout.

·
Registered
830 Posts
He was so very concerned about the range decrease due to the cold weather. That's been a good topic on some of the other Volvo forums now that units are being delivered to the northern hemisphere in the dead of winter.

My C40 hopefully arrives in the next four to six weeks—dead of winter in Boise, Idaho, so my initial driving/charging experiences will all be based on sub-freezing nights and near-freezing days. We don't get much snow here in the valley so the twin motors won't get a good workout.
It’s going to be a lot of new learnings especially for you living in a much colder climate than where I am at. We have had temperatures hovering in the low 30s this week. My driving is mostly now local and within my local suburbs mostly. We don’t get snow at all and when we do, which is every other year or so, the entire city shuts down! 😇.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Here's another superficial "review. Nothing new, same old stuff, and yet presented in a style that will make you grind your teeth so have your finger poised over the fast-forward button. Major points: too small and too expensive compared to XC40 and inadequately tuned suspension considering this might be Volvo's fastest accelerating car.

·
Registered
830 Posts
Here's another superficial "review. Nothing new, same old stuff, and yet presented in a style that will make you grind your teeth so have your finger poised over the fast-forward button. Major points: too small and too expensive compared to XC40 and inadequately tuned suspension considering this might be Volvo's fastest accelerating car.

These reviews are getting to be “same ol same ol” until we see a significant shift in design!😌

·
Registered
227 Posts
thanks for the link. This young man has been a terrific C40 resource and, if on is waiting for the EX90, one can presume he'll be putting up good information. His exterior comments, glitches that would be insignificant on a Kia, are unaccpetable on a Volvo and hopefully Belgium improves assembly to eliminate those. I think everyone is pissed off about the left steering wheel buttons. His overheated battery in summer and lack of driving journal, among other OS quirks, will hopefully be resoved in a software update.

·
Registered
95 Posts
thanks for the link. This young man has been a terrific C40 resource and, if on is waiting for the EX90, one can presume he'll be putting up good information. His exterior comments, glitches that would be insignificant on a Kia, are unaccpetable on a Volvo and hopefully Belgium improves assembly to eliminate those. I think everyone is pissed off about the left steering wheel buttons. His overheated battery in summer and lack of driving journal, among other OS quirks, will hopefully be resoved in a software update.
I agree with his video on the interior quirks. The buttons not working is just silly; it also means you have to interact with the setup mode if you want to change it and I try not to interact with the screen when driving as much as possible. The lack of driving journal bothers me – it was nice to just go onto the Volvo app on my XC90 and export all the trip data to Excel. It was also useful to be able to tag business trips for mileage purposes. I can do all of it through another app on my phone but I have to remember to enter everything manually at the end of trip, which is annoying.

101 - 118 of 118 Posts