Volvo XC40 Forum banner
81 - 100 of 118 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Thanks... I'm tiring of the "reviews" from industry-connected folks who drive the C40 for a day, maybe two; they all make the same observations and pretty much say the same things. Hopefully, as C40s start to be delivered from Ghent, we will start to see in-depth and comprehensive, real world reviews from owner/drivers, putting their 2023 EVs on the road for everyday commuting and multi-day journeys.

·
Registered
2022 C40 Recharge
306 Posts
Thanks... I'm tiring of the "reviews" from industry-connected folks who drive the C40 for a day, maybe two; they all make the same observations and pretty much say the same things. Hopefully, as C40s start to be delivered from Ghent, we will start to see in-depth and comprehensive, real world reviews from owner/drivers, putting their 2023 EVs on the road for everyday commuting and multi-day journeys.
You can pretty much say this about all car reviews especially when the NDAs they all sign expire. All the reviews all come flooding in at the same time. How predictable.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Good review. She should have worn a “Fjord Blue” dress to spice up the review, but I love her excitement and jollyness of describing the C40 features!
Watched it again, paid attention. Young lady knows what a consumer wants and her point of view as a woman driving a Volvo is worth listening to. Hope Volvo pays attention to all of these videos.

·
Registered
2022 Volvo C40 Fjord Blue Pure Electric Recharge Ultimat
830 Posts
Watched it again, paid attention. Young lady knows what a consumer wants and her point of view as a woman driving a Volvo is worth listening to. Hope Volvo pays attention to all of these videos.
I see a lot of women and young females driving the XC40 (a friends wife drives one), XC60 and XC90.

I really feel the C40 driver fits both personas really well, but someone that is spunky, has a zest for travel and life and of course can fit 2 young babies (basically a family of 4). It is also catered towards the C30/XC40 drivers mostly. The folks that drive the XC60, XC90 are strongly going to look at the EX90 and at some point the EX60.

·
Registered
2022 Volvo C40 Fjord Blue Pure Electric Recharge Ultimat
830 Posts
I see a lot of women and young females driving the XC40 (a friends wife drives one), XC60 and XC90.

I really feel the C40 driver fits both personas really well, but someone that is spunky, has a zest for travel and life and of course can fit 2 young babies (basically a family of 4). It is also catered towards the C30/XC40 drivers mostly. The folks that drive the XC60, XC90 are strongly going to look at the EX90 and at some point the EX60.
Good review of the C40 by Planet Auto with the White Color.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Seems like the C40 is being delivered to some market regions and a few more "reviewers" have pproduced and uploaded their video clips. thisis from WTF Cars and it got posted 2022.10.12 (nothing new)

Another recently produced from Car Help:

·
Registered
227 Posts
I keep waiting for them to get smacked or hit a deer. Kyle should drive while Alyssa does the talking. Or have Alyssa drive while Kyle yammers on. Or do these clips at a rest stop or in the studio. The we-talk-while-we-are-driving setup adds zero to the content.

·
Registered
227 Posts
These are not videos, just superficial "reviews" from Australian automotive journalists. These have been published in the last few weeks, suggesting Australia and Asian marketplaces might soon be receiving their allocated 2023 C40s and XC40s. Note: there is nothing new in these write-ups—nothing that anyone who is serious about doing their research doesn't already know—but it's ncie to have something supportive to read while waiting for order status updates from one's dealership.

81 - 100 of 118 Posts