Volvo XC40 Forum banner
61 - 80 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Here's another, more recent, clip from the UK. The reviewer is from a site called EV Powered, posted in August 2022. Nutshell: Likes the braking, likes the design compared to the XC40, hates the ride compared to the XC40, wants Apple CarPlay (eh), and, in the end, declares the car to be way overpriced compared to the Audi and Ford products that are in the same niche.

Viewing note: This guy's cabin camera is mounted to the windshield roughly at dash height. The view out the rear window is great, which suggests a dash-mounted rear view mirror is going to be first on my list of third party accessories after the C40 is delivered in 8-12 weeks.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Here's another, more recent, clip from the UK. The reviewer is from a site called EV Powered, posted in August 2022. Nutshell: Likes the braking, likes the design compared to the XC40, hates the ride compared to the XC40, wants Apple CarPlay (eh), and, in the end, declares the car to be way overpriced compared to the Audi and Ford products that are in the same niche.

Viewing note: This guy's cabin camera is mounted to the windshield roughly at dash height. The view out the rear window is great, which suggests a dash-mounted rear view mirror is going to be first on my list of third party accessories after the C40 is delivered in 8-12 weeks.

I wonder what happened ride wise, because the XC40 is the same suspension etc as the C40, doesnt make any sense that he would find much of a difference.

edit I wonder if he had the steering set different from the XC40 and just didn't realize.

·
Registered
223 Posts
I wonder what happened ride wise, because the XC40 is the same suspension etc as the C40, doesnt make any sense that he would find much of a difference.

edit I wonder if he had the steering set different from the XC40 and just didn't realize.
He was probably referring to the regular XC40 not XC40 Recharge.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Yeah but nothing new, nothing of my real significance. I’m starting to,get the impression that we who are buying the model year 2023 version of the C40 are going to be not only early adopters of Volvo’s EVS but also the test population for their experiments.

61 - 80 of 80 Posts