Volvo XC40 Forum banner
121 - 140 of 141 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
What made you chose the C40 over the P2?
In all honesty, I wasn't aware of the C40 when I was looking at the Polestar 2. I was aware of the XC40 Recharge but I wasn't keen on a boxy CUV/SUV body. Like I said before I was looking for a quick replacement for my I-PACE. The Polestar 2 ticked off a lot of the boxes I was looking for: power, driving dynamics, Skandi styling, but there was something I am not completely sold on it. Then I saw the C40 at the Palm Spring test event in March. I fell in love with it's shape. Test drove it and decided it was good enough as a replacement for the I-PACE. Luckily the local dealer has an allocation that is the exact color combination I was looking for. So I ordered it on April 2 via Volvo's website; the dealer reserved it for me; it came in April 19, and I picked it up April 23.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I almost picked up the Polestar 2 spec'd in these photos. However I ended up with the C40.
View attachment 3589 View attachment 3586
View attachment 3590
View attachment 3591 View attachment 3587
View attachment 3588
I
In all honesty, I wasn't aware of the C40 when I was looking at the Polestar 2. I was aware of the XC40 Recharge but I wasn't keen on a boxy CUV/SUV body. Like I said before I was looking for a quick replacement for my I-PACE. The Polestar 2 ticked off a lot of the boxes I was looking for: power, driving dynamics, Skandi styling, but there was something I am not completely sold on it. Then I saw the C40 at the Palm Spring test event in March. I fell in love with it's shape. Test drove it and decided it was good enough as a replacement for the I-PACE. Luckily the local dealer has an allocation that is the exact color combination I was looking for. So I ordered it on April 2 via Volvo's website; the dealer reserved it for me; it came in April 19, and I picked it up April 23.
Honestly I like the interior of the P2 a little more than the C40 but love the C40 body… My wife thinks the P2 looks like a doge charger on the road

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
I was a sedan guy for years, but when we went with one car during Covid (just her SUV) I got spoiled and the thought of stepping down into a sedan with my aging creaky bones I love the C40 with a sedanish fast back look and SUV height.

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
Yeah really quick Irma’s convince I would never own another gas car. The Volvo even with all it a bugs is a sexy great riding car.

Reactions: Greg S

·
Registered
377 Posts
So obviously the car is fixed and you are driving it - what was all done to fix it?
Not sure. The fuse was replaced. They performed a diagnostic to see if they could identify what triggered the power shutdown. No clue. All the systems appeared to be operating at factory specifications. The thought was maybe a defective fuse. My C40 was in the shop for 16 days. I am glad to have it back!

121 - 140 of 141 Posts