Volvo XC40 Forum banner
101 - 120 of 141 Posts

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
My Acura was a great test for me as the ceramic held up far better than I thought. On the XC40 and C40 I have PPF on the grill area. If you do a lot of highway then loom at PPF for bumper, grill, front parts of quarters and maybe front foot or so. The key to keeping ceramic last is no harsh chemicals,and no brushed car washes and no vigorous drying. Before I got the air dryer I would just drag the waffle weave cloth across the car and it soaked up water. The ceramic makes it easier to clean as well. I went from snake oil skeptical to believer. Been very happy with Gtechniq Crystal Serum Ultra. If you do it, find a certified place that does it as then the warranty is enforced if dealer goes bust or you move.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Beautiful! Congrats! I love the XC40 in Sage Green, but I think you're going to really enjoy the C40. Hopefully it already has 2.0 installed. :)
The car did have 2.0 installed, and was charged to 100 %. It was easy to end ownership of the XC40 in the app and add the C40. The app version 5.13 seems even snappier with the C40 than it was with the XC40 with the 2.0 software.

Even switching SiriusXM from the XC40 to the C40 was easy. They have an online process that I completed in a couple of minutes to remove the XC40 from my account and start the C40 three month trial.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Adjust your trunk bump stops! You can have your tail lights aligned with 2 minutes of work. Takes something like a 3mm hex key to retract the retention screw, pull the bump a few millimeters, screw the retention shaft back in, and test. There's two posts per side that I've seen

Best Mod Yet - Dave Barton plug-in prancing moose badge

View attachment 3452

I do wish it was as tall as the recharge badge - Volvo made those larger than previous for some reason.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Just picked up over the weekend:
Car Wheel Tire Sky Vehicle

To replace this Jaguar I-PACE (JLR buyback):
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Blue

From my short 1 day of ownership. Not as engaging to drive as the I-PACE, which I consider the best handling EV second only to the Taycan. Not as luxurious as the I-PACE’s interior but the C40 has a nice quirky interior, which I like (I have the two-tone interior). The infotainment on the C40 with Android is WAY faster and MUCH better than Jag’s InControl Touch, dare I say it even better than Pivi Pro with Alexa.

Designwise, both are great looking cars, with I-PACE a little sharper than the C40. Looking forward to driving this up the canyons in SoCal.

·
Registered
27 Posts
View attachment 3462

View attachment 3463

From my short 1 day of ownership. Not as engaging to drive as the I-PACE, which I consider the best handling EV second only to the Taycan. Not as luxurious as the I-PACE’s interior but the C40 has a nice quirky interior, which I like (I have the two-tone interior). The infotainment on the C40 with Android is WAY faster and MUCH better than Jag’s InControl Touch, dare I say it even better than Pivi Pro with Alexa.

Designwise, both are great looking cars, with I-PACE a little sharper than the C40. Looking forward to driving this up the canyons in SoCal.
why the buyback ?? we abandoned LR yeas ago over quality…

·
Registered
On Order C40 AWD Ultimate Silver Dawn Fjord Blue Interior
23 Posts
Multiple repair attempts (5) at failed A/C. By the time the last repair was completed, JLR agreed to buyback, and I agreed to the repurchase offer.
As a Brit I should be defending Jaguar but it’s a bit difficult. My Father in Law for years a Jag was his dream car but it never materialise. As a treat my eldest son hired an XF for the weekend with the intention of taking said Father in Law out for a drive. Didn’t happen, car broke down within 40 miles and was towed back.
We did look at the EV before deciding on the C40 but the dash was a little to busy and complex compared with the C40. The exterior though yep they cracked that one for sure.

·
Registered
67 Posts
As a Brit I should be defending Jaguar but it’s a bit difficult. My Father in Law for years a Jag was his dream car but it never materialise. As a treat my eldest son hired an XF for the weekend with the intention of taking said Father in Law out for a drive. Didn’t happen, car broke down within 40 miles and was towed back.
We did look at the EV before deciding on the C40 but the dash was a little to busy and complex compared with the C40. The exterior though yep they cracked that one for sure.
Not to hijack the thread but this is my observation in my short ownership of the C40 as compared to my I-PACE:
Not as luxe in the interior as the I-PACE, but the infotainment system is MUCH quicker and better with Android (even better than Pivi Pro with Alexa). As far as the center console/dash, the I-PACE presentation is better than the C40’s, IMHO, even if it’s slow as molasses. It’s as fast the I-PACE, but the driving dynamics is inferior to the Jag. It’s hard to beat I-PACE handling dynamics (which I think is second only to Taycan). We shall see how much reliable Volvo is compared to Jag.

·
Registered
17 Posts
View attachment 3462

View attachment 3463

I am a prior (bitter) Jaguar Ipace owner also. You have hit it on the head with a great description. I am quickly getting over the Jaguar with the new C40. Congrats!!

·
Registered
377 Posts
I am a prior (bitter) Jaguar Ipace owner also. You have hit it on the head with a great description. I am quickly getting over the Jaguar with the new C40. Congrats!!
Sometimes our decision making is influenced by comments we hear from friends. A friend once told me, "I love my Jaguar, but it helps to have the revenue stream of a vascular surgeon in order to keep it on the road". Not sure if that is true, but it is a comment I remembered when it came time to buy my C40.

101 - 120 of 141 Posts