Volvo XC40 Forum banner
81 - 100 of 141 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Today I secured the delivery of my C40. Spent the afternoon configuring the system and during an evening drive had Google Assistant adjust my Nest thermostat in the condominium and turn off the kitchen lights. Freaking amazing! The attached photo shows my first destination with my dog, Buddy, in the back seat. Yes, it is a cemetery. Those who are recent widowers like me understand the importance of that first drive. I love the C40 and so does Buddy. It has been an incredibly good day!

Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Registered
647 Posts
Today I secured the delivery of my C40. Spent the afternoon configuring the system and during an evening drive had Google Assistant adjust my Nest thermostat in the condominium and turn off the kitchen lights. Freaking amazing! The attached photo shows my first destination with my dog, Buddy, in the back seat. Yes, it is a cemetery. Those who are recent widowers like me understand the importance of that first drive. I love the C40 and so does Buddy. It has been an incredibly good day!

View attachment 3179
So sorry for your loss - Condolences.

·
Premium Member
122 Posts
Congratulations @BuzzyBud! At last! The car looks great and it's no surprise you're already doing stuff with it that some of the rest of us haven't even thought of! o_O
Good luck and enjoy!
PS... Sorry for your loss.

·
Registered
24 Posts

View attachment 3179
Te vino con OTA 2.0?

·
Registered
377 Posts
What do you think About it?
I did not have access to the previous version so I can not base my review on a comparison. However, this system is “snappy” like the C40. Fast, responsive and the colors/details are better than my OLED tablet. I was not expecting this!

·
Registered
24 Posts
I did not have access to the previous version so I can not base my review on a comparison. However, this system is “snappy” like the C40. Fast, responsive and the colors/details are better than my OLED tablet. I was not expecting this!
Could you make us a short video about OTA 2.0 to see the fluidity in the applications and the changes for those of us who don't have it.

·
Registered
2022 C40 Recharge
291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #90 ·
It’s not measurably different. I’m inclined to say any notice that it’s “snappier” is probably just expectation bias

·
Registered
377 Posts
I must say, on our third Volvo BEV in 10 months and something about the C40 just is amazing. Our 22 XC40 just seemed tighter than my 21 and the C40, just is a joy and pleasure to drive.
Yes, the C40 is a real gem! For me, the transition from a Ford F150 to the Volvo C40 has been breath-taking. The best analogy I could come up with would be the transition from an outhouse to indoor plumbing. They both accomplish the same tasks, but the facilities are vastly different!

·
Registered
377 Posts
$1500 for Crystal Serum Ultra and then $100 to PPF the grill section. They did all 4 Volvo's we bought in the last year, plus my old Acura in 2019. After 3 years my Acura shined and beaded water like the day they applied it. Ceramic coat needs to be washed a certain way, no brush carwashes or harsh chemicals. I hand wash using Mr. Pink and a hose foam gun, 2 bucket system using Chenille wash mitt. .
As you begin the drying step in your process, do you use Chemical Guys After Wash?

Amazon.com: Chemical Guys CWS_801_16 After Wash Sprayable Gloss Boosting Car Wash Drying Aid (Helps Reduce Water Spots), 16 fl. Oz : Automotive

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
I use Chemicals Guys Mr. Pink in a hose foam gun and a little in the rinse bucket. When I dry I use air dryer then lightly wipe if waffle weave micro fiber towels. Every 2-3 months after the car is fully dry I then use Gtechniq C2V3 to top it.

And on my 3 year old Acura I never applied C2V3 or anything else, just washed and dried.

Reactions: BuzzyBud

·
Registered
377 Posts
I use Chemicals Guys Mr. Pink in a hose foam gun and a little in the rinse bucket. When I dry I use air dryer then lightly wipe if waffle weave micro fiber towels. Every 2-3 months after the car is fully dry I then use Gtechniq C2V3 to top it.

And on my 3 year old Acura I never applied C2V3 or anything else, just washed and dried.
Been talking with a local xpel guy. I do a lot of highway driving. A ppf might help reduce the usual rock chips. Then a full ceramic. Like your approach on the two bucket method. Hoping to have the C40 retain it’s good looks!

81 - 100 of 141 Posts