Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Car Wheel Land vehicle Tire Vehicle

Next to my Model Y
Wheel Car Automotive parking light Tire Sky

Cool ambient lighting
Hood Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Vehicle Car

Installed some metal pedals
Land vehicle Automotive tire Vehicle Bumper Audio equipment

I’ll try to post more pics around here in the coming days. It was fun messing with the car so far. Hopefully it’ll be relatively trouble free.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I ended up ordering the pedals too. How do you like them? Do they fit good?
The brake pedal fits well. I'm not completely sure about the accelerator pedal. The brake pedal came with a rubber piece that was swapped out easily enough. The accelerator actually didn't have any piece over it, so the aftermarket pedal goes directly over what's already there. The top of the pedal was tricky to insert and I'm not sure if I got it in completely, but I drove around a lot with it last night and it was fine, so I think it's OK.

They certainly look much better than the stock setup, so I'm happy with them.

·
Registered
22 C40 Thunder Grey on Fjord
196 Posts
The brake pedal fits well. I'm not completely sure about the accelerator pedal. The brake pedal came with a rubber piece that was swapped out easily enough. The accelerator actually didn't have any piece over it, so the aftermarket pedal goes directly over what's already there. The top of the pedal was tricky to insert and I'm not sure if I got it in completely, but I drove around a lot with it last night and it was fine, so I think it's OK.

They certainly look much better than the stock setup, so I'm happy with them.
Nice! They look great, def better than that dumb rubber! We got robbed haha
Congrats!

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
Essentially a swap. What they do is treat it like a trade in where Volvo pays the dealer the difference between the trade in and the Cost of the new transaction. I had to get a new loan, but got better terms than last year. The new loan was for the payoff of the old loan and basically Volvo pays the dealer all the rest. Rather straight forward and because it is a real transaction I get another tax credit next year. So while there is no dollar a,punt I can equate to my inconvenience of all the times my 21 was at the dealer I am more than happy.

May 202 I buy the XC40, if spend 40 days over 4 morns in and out of shop.

Late July they give me the $750 TSB gift card for Amazon.

In October they offer me 2 car payment to help make up for my inconvenience, that is just of]ver $1800.The Volvo rep also offers to swap the car if I want, I decline at that time.

October we order a C40 to potentially replace her T5 or my Recharge. The C40 was due to be built mid December.

December I finally give up quirks call the rep and tell him swap it or buy it back. He agrees to swap it and send me an email saying they will do trade assistance with the dealer.

Late December when I check with Volvo on the C40 they confirm my Fusion Red C40, I go WTF I ordered Fjord Blue and was confirmed Fjord Blue. They put me back in the next open Fjord Blue build slot (early January).

Late January car was built and sitting at the port in Belgium. Late February while other C40s were US bound somehow mine was still in Belgium. I ask them to see if there are any other Fjord Blue inbound not spoken for. They locate one, but say it has mud guard unlike my order, again I go WTF I ordered mud guards. They swap to this inbound car.

Last Saturday ship docks in Brunswick GA and then 5 days later I get call from dealer (actually regional rep) that my car was in and he wanted to confirm how the transaction would work. He mentioned the C40 has a slightly higher MSRP than my XC40 had, and I said fine I will pay the difference, but told him the lemon law is for a comparable car,ideally I would just bring him a check for my current payoff. I get a call from sales manager a little later reviewing numbers and all I need to bring is my payoff (good for 14 days) and that will be it. He tells me 1.49% financing which was great as I had lined up 1.99%.

Friday I go to dealer to drop off my brakes and spare key to be matched to this car and do the paperwork. Dealer tells me 1.49% was mistake and apologized and best rate they can do is 2.49%. I said we wait on my 1.99% ch eco to arrive. They were good said no problem, write a personal check they won’t cash unless my other check never comes

Went home as they needed to prep car, do brakes and key and put 1.10 on.

Got how, wife located 1.88% rate for 60 months and I called. Opened account, got pre approved and went and got a check all within 3 hours, then back to dealer. Handed dealer check, they corrected paperwork and I was on my way.

I set the payment to match the same due date as old payment so to me a it is seamless, payment is a few bucks different, but no big deal.

I was not going to nickel and dime them so I told them give my deposit to the service department to cover brakes and key, since they have done so much for me for free.

In the end I get swap, $2500 in compensation and then another $7500 tax credit, I would say very fair if not I am really ahead.

Volvo was excellent to deal with for me. If you look at our history, this is Volvo #4 in 10 months.

May 21 she bought T5
June 21 I got Recharge
November 21 she got 22 Recharge after selling her car for a nice profit at t months.
March 22 I get C40

1 - 20 of 133 Posts