Volvo XC40 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm guessing that moving red line on the speedo is the "drive faster than this and you're wasting gas". If the answer's in the OM, I haven't found it. Which doesn't mean much (see post re: clutch pedal).

·
Registered
44 Posts
Not sure what red line you are talking about. But I know there is a little red line on the speedo that shown the current speed limit for the area where you are driving in. Maybe that is it.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The line is a red line pointing radially towards the center of the gauge. It's not a repeat of the speed limit info. It moves moves around, so it's not a form of the setting for cruise control. BMW has what, in the airplane world, is called a bug that moves to mark some setting. In BMW's case, the cruise control setting. I haven't finished playing around to see what moves it. I decided to take the easy way out and ask here. I tried the OM in the car and... nada.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, I just woke up to that.

The confusion started when the speed limit changed and I didn't figure why the bug moved. I am now enlightened. 😁

·
Registered
3 Posts
If you have adaptive cruise, there’s also a white line that will show you the speed of the car in front of you; helpful when you are overtaking that vehicle.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Whoa! Way cool! Thanks for sharing the word. [/big grin]

1 - 7 of 7 Posts