Volvo XC40 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
10 Years of travelling the same "country" road of 3 lanes (each direction) with hardly ANY traffic, got a ticket this morning for going 50 on a 35 mph - that's strictly myself to blame, no excuses... ACTUALLY, there IS an excuse....The car glides so smoothly and effortlessly that when your speed increases, you're sort of oblivious to it because it's SOOO quiet !!!!!
Where else with gas, when you crank it up, you do feel extra effort to get that hence the overall speed typically doesn't raft up THAT quickly. Sooo.... even though I got the ticket which may be $200 or so..... I still love you Orka !

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Did the cop comment on the P8?
He didn't say anything to me, BUT he kept walking to the front of the car.....must be the "grille"
  • He was totally scared of my fury baby barking aggressively and whether where I need to get my DL and Insurance from, the dog was "secure". Ironically, I found myself saying with such pride "ooh....don't worry, he's not going anyway, the customized safety grill will keep him from moving to the 2nd row..."
  • As I was pulling the car to the side and infront of a glass window, for the first time, I felt like a narcissist looking on the reflection of the Car thinking "....Look at your cool you look...." HAHAHAHAA

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
I get nervous as it does ride so planted it is easy to not see the speed (where is the HUD). I have a few hilly areas I try and leverage the down hill coasting and wind up at 50+ in a 35 a few times, may have to trade that for regen to keep the speed in check.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I get nervous as it does ride so planted it is easy to not see the speed (where is the HUD). I have a few hilly areas I try and leverage the down hill coasting and wind up at 50+ in a 35 a few times, may have to trade that for regen to keep the speed in check.
Good point ! IT's too easy to go over the limit now than ever for me......

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Sorry for your ticket.

I love my radar detector even if the wives loathe its bleepy existence. It tells me in which direction the source is.

This is of course totally for knowing their is something going on ahead so to be extra careful vs Speeding …

Wouldn’t your orca lve to have another sensor …

Oddly I find myself more easily keeping to the speed I want than non opd. Something to do with being more foot aware as I am still working to perfect opd.

Anybody else see the speed flashing as you go over in the screen and think “aah the car is cheering me on for passing that speed” :)

·
Registered
2021 XC40 P8 - Bursting Blue
256 Posts
Anybody else see the speed flashing as you go over in the screen and think “aah the car is cheering me on for passing that speed” :)
Hmph, that "feature" is a miserable excuse for screen space. I swear it's correct at least 2% of the time!

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Correct about 85-95% where I live. Probably location specific.

·
Registered
2021 XC40 P8 - Bursting Blue
256 Posts
Seems to me I saw somewhere that it uses vision to see speed-limit signs, and if it can't read it, it defaults to Google's known speed. But... it's weird. Can be on a 70mph highway, go under an overpass, and it jumps to 25mph. Or just randomly sees a "trailers=55" type sign, or whatever. That seems like some really bad software logic.

I could just turn it off, but it's been kind of fun to see how bad it is.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Ugh, drove my wife's on a 10 mile section of urban intestate and it literally flipped between 55 and 65 often enough to keep it continually blinking. That is, multiple times per mile. Look car, if I have the cruise set to 15 miles over the speed limit I can understand if you want to blink if you think the speed limit went down, but if it went up? If it goes down, but back down to where it was 20 seconds ago? Stupid behavior.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts