Volvo XC40 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Look like Volvo will be starting to place C40s at select Volvo dealers for test drives.

Volvo Studio Westfield | Volvo Car Netherlands – Volvo Cars

Within the FAQ section, the following is present.

Can I take a test drive in the Volvo C40 Recharge?

Yes, you can. Book your test drive today at the Volvo Studio, our exclusive pop-up store in the Westfield Mall of The Netherlands in Leidschendam, or make an appointment at the Volvo dealer in your area from the beginning of December. Incidentally, the fully electric XC40 Recharge Twin is also available to experience for yourself how pleasant electric driving is. The cars have the same drivetrain, so the experience is very similar. You can test drive the XC40 Recharge Twin at our Volvo Studio or at your local Volvo dealership.

· Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good to hear they’re sending testers out. Hoping to get some time in one to compare to the XC
Yes, this is great news!
It may also help to explain the variation between projected 2021 build volume and actual retail sales in November.
I suspect Volvo may have several hundred C40s at dealers before the end of December. Some automobile manufacturers term these vehicles "mannequins" which are not to be sold. There can be times when the first few hundred new vehicles coming down the assembly line have some "Oops" so better they be allocated to the Mannequin Program.

· Registered
See Forty
274 Posts
That seems like a smart idea! I hope they’ve updated some oopsies from the XC like the crashing infotainment etc. but who knows.

I had a GTI that had 3 water pumps fail under warranty over a year or two so I don’t necessarily trust car companies to learn from their mistakes ha

· Registered
239 Posts
My dealer told me they ordered a C40 to be used for demos only and won't be sold off until the following model year... Seems like a good idea to keep one on the showroom floor for demos to help people decide if they want one. Then they can order from home. Hope to be getting mine in the next month or two.. YAY

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.