Volvo XC40 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am considering buying a new XC40 recharge. Hesitating bc of a few things. Welcome all experiences you’d like to share.
1. Dealer offering MSRP + $1,200 ($800 dealer fees + $400 scratch coverage of some sort) seems unreasonable.
2. Apple Car Play requires cord and Bluetooth turned off vs Bluetooth operations. Seems like clunky user experience.
3. Interior colors limited to black (I don’t like the wool). Wish they offered lighter interior option.
I’d be interested to hear any experience you have with these three points. TIA

·
Registered
2022 XC40 Recharge Twin Fusion Red
1,010 Posts
1. Given the current lack of supply in the USA, I'd say MSRP + $800 "dealer fees" might not be too bad. Tell them U don't want the "scratch coating" and to knock off the $400 for that! Or shop around...just means you might not be able to get from your preferred/closest dealer.

2. We don't have iPhones so do not use Carplay...guess it depends on what you need it for. Bluetooth works fine for calls, and the in-built Google navigation is great...

3. We have the black...yes, it is a bit dark, but at least it doesn't show the dirt too much! We have a 2022 which in Australia came with black leather (no suede or fake suede or whatever you get in the USA) so it's easy to keep clean.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I am considering buying a new XC40 recharge. Hesitating bc of a few things. Welcome all experiences you’d like to share.
1. Dealer offering MSRP + $1,200 ($800 dealer fees + $400 scratch coverage of some sort) seems unreasonable.
2. Apple Car Play requires cord and Bluetooth turned off vs Bluetooth operations. Seems like clunky user experience.
3. Interior colors limited to black (I don’t like the wool). Wish they offered lighter interior option.
I’d be interested to hear any experience you have with these three points. TIA
2. If all you do is use Google Maps, Spotify and make phone calls, then you don't need Carplay.

·
Registered
161 Posts
1) May look unappealing but this of course is highly dependent on area, may not be terrible considering the current vehicle market?

2) it takes less than five seconds to connect a cable to my phone.

3) Almost a year and over 25,000 miles and my interior looks brand new. Much easier to keep clean than I was expecting, but then I don’t like lighter interiors.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Dealer fees and final selling price seems to vary by dealerships (some doing way above MSRP). The one we are buying from is doing MSRP + $400 doc fees but nothing else. Other dealership nearby is doing MSRP + $600 doc fees and requesting you to finance through them and keep the loan for at least 6 months.

Do you currently own a Volvo or did in the last 6 months? The loyalty bonus still applies and is $500-$1000 depending on trim level chosen.

It is surprising they haven't included a light interior yet, but the black and fjord blue interior definitely helps lighten up the interior some.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Do you have the nerve to be an early adopter of a Volvo xc 40 electric ?

Read this forum carefully about bugs, failures....many many issues.

If you still want to buy it, go ahead.

·
Registered
15 Posts
100% shop around. I called/visited 5 dealers. Two told me they’re going to charge a markup. The other 3 guaranteed MSRP. I have deposits at those 3 dealers. Also get your agreed upon price in writing.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts