Volvo XC40 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
XC40 P8 2021 - Sage Green
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Oh Joy! After a month and a half offline, and a misconfiguration of the new TCAM module, the Swedish support team apparently did a little trick (setting the correct country code for the in-car LTE hotspot) and I was able to get LTE back in my car today.

But...
I cannot seem to reconnect the Volvo App to the car:
  • My account it still linked to the car (before it had its TCAM module replaced) but no information can be retrieved (Internal Error Code 2)
  • I cannot add the (not-so) new car since it says it is already linked to my account (same VIN).
I have called Volvo support to see if they could delete the (not-so) old car from my account but I haven't heard from them, yet.
Any hint would be appreciated.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Oh Joy! After a month and a half offline, and a misconfiguration of the new TCAM module, the Swedish support team apparently did a little trick (setting the correct country code for the in-car LTE hotspot) and I was able to get LTE back in my car today.

But...
I cannot seem to reconnect the Volvo App to the car:
  • My account it still linked to the car (before it had its TCAM module replaced) but no information can be retrieved (Internal Error Code 2)
  • I cannot add the (not-so) new car since it says it is already linked to my account (same VIN).
I have called Volvo support to see if they could delete the (not-so) old car from my account but I haven't heard from them, yet.
Any hint would be appreciated.
My guess is you are going to need to factory reset the car AND delete the app from all phones it's installed on. You need to be clean on both sides of the equation before starting over.

Reactions: Albator

·
Registered
324 Posts
My guess is you are going to need to factory reset the car AND delete the app from all phones it's installed on. You need to be clean on both sides of the equation before starting over.
I agree with above. It isn't that hard or that difficult to reinstall your apps. It does take about 15 minutes from start to finish.

Before doing that, try clearing the memory cache. Sometimes that works in allowing the VOC to link.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oh my! I had already factory-reset the car 2 or 3 times but didn't want to reinstall the app, worrying that it might make things worse.
Well, I did reinstall it ... et voilà!!!
After a month and a half of noGPS/stuckACcharging/noLTE/noVOC, I can finally enjoy again all the car features, and this crappy little app that I missed so much. :D
Thanks !!

·
Registered
324 Posts
This should be the fix. Your experience parallels mine. After TCAM replacement and a firmware update to get the local LTE working, my GPS, LTE and VOC have worked without a hitch for five weeks an counting.....keeping my fingers crossed.

And, it is a crappy little app, but is is all we have!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Oh my! I had already factory-reset the car 2 or 3 times but didn't want to reinstall the app, worrying that it might make things worse.
After a month and a half of noGPS/stuckACcharging/noLTE/noVOC, I can finally enjoy again all the car features, and this crappy little app that I missed so much. :D
Thanks !!
What phone were you using? I have the same issue. Spent a couple at the dealership today with no solution.

·
Registered
3,771 Posts
Thanks !!
It really is a crappy little app but folks get so upset when they are denied access to it. Thankfully it seems to work now. Since 2.0 mine. I only works 60% of the time it seems to be working 100%

So now I can look at the animation of my car ticking it’s ears and see that yes the charge is still the same.

I do dream that one day now this works that the app will be a conduit for Margo sharing her deepest stats with me. Her temperature. Accelerations. Everything she stores.

Perhaps though she stores almost nothing and just leaves in the moment. If so then I will enjoy her moments :)

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
What phone were you using? I have the same issue. Spent a couple at the dealership today with no solution.
an iPhone- but not related to the phone itself. You just have to follow the steps for a car "factory reset", and re-set all accounts inside the car (Volvo, Google, etc.)

·
Registered
75 Posts
There is a simple solution to this, it is sad that the dealers dont understand it.

The situation is this. The "profiles" in the car have a 1 to 1 relationship with the instance of the app that you paired. This relationship is stored in the TCAM.

If you delete the app, or delete data or reinstall without first properly disconnecting your phone from your paired car, you will be in this situation.

Luckily there is an easy fix and this should really be stickied in this forum.
3 Options.
1. Factory reset the headunit and then reinstall the volvo cars app on your phone. Factory resetting the phone will initiate a TCAM factory reset which will clear the relationships
2. Have the dealer do a Factory Reset of the TCAM through VIDA.
3. Fix it yourself.

To fix it yourself, you can do the following.

1. In the car head unit, pull down on the top notification shade and select your Owner (or other named) profile
2. In the profile switcher that comes up, click on + New Profile
3. Go through the setup wizard of the new profile. You do not need to log into any of the accounts, just click Next and Skip until you make it all the way through the wizard.
4. Once the new profile is created, go into Settings> Profiles
5. Click on the Option that says "Become an admin" *Note that you will need to have all of the cars keys in the vehicle with you to become an admin
6. Now click on Volvo On Call devices and go through the pairing process with your mobile phone (if you still have the old pairing relationship in there, just delete the app and reinstall and sign back in with your volvo id)
7. Once the pairing process is complete, you should see on your phone that you are now paired as an admin.
8. In the App on your phone, click on the Person icon in the bottom right of the screen
9. Click on Connected Vehicles (if you have more than one vehicle, select the one in question)
10. You should now see all phones that are connected to your car. Select the Old phone (or old instance of the app) and click on Disconnect.
11. Next disconnect your current connection that you just created as well so that nothing is paired with the car anymore.
12. On the car screen, go into Settings> Profiles and scroll to the bottom and delete the profile
13. After the profile deletes you will be in the logged out state on the head unit. Slide down the notification shade to switch back into your original Owner profile (or other named profile)
14. In your original profile, go into Settings>Profiles>Volvo On Call Devices and you should be in a state ready to pair.
15. Complete the pairing process again to repair your mobile phone to your Owner profile and you will be back to original setup and back in business.

Let me know if anything doesnt make sense to you.

·
Registered
75 Posts
an iPhone- but not related to the phone itself. You just have to follow the steps for a car "factory reset", and re-set all accounts inside the car (Volvo, Google, etc.)
Factory reset really isnt needed, thats a destruction solution that will require losing all of your settings and logging back into everything. This can easily be accomplished with the instructions I provided above.

·
Registered
6 Posts
The instructions above worked just as advertised. The long list of operations seems daunting but, followed meticulously, offer no surprises and, should your phone be stolen as mine was, will get you going without the too often frustrating, and always time consuming trip to the dealer. MANY thanks!

·
Registered
6 Posts
We’ll, I spoke a bit too soon. After tooling around with my new profile for a day, no problems, I awoke the next day to find my profile renamed, and no Bluetooth “tainment” audio from the infotainment system. everything else seemed fine, maps, range assist etc. this morning I decided to give it another go Only to find that the whole interface for creating a new “Admin” profile has changed and several steps eliminated. It’s somewhat simpler, but less informative along the way. After I stumbled along, it created a profile and then informed me I was administrator (2 keys?).
still no audio from my old trusty nano or my android phone apps though. After a half hour of un and re-pairing and looking for the hidden mute button that was going to make me feel like an idiot, I gave up. I was hanging out for a few minutes enjoying the AC before returning to the Thai heat when music began to play, Bill Evans no less— from the nano. Phone was fine too.

the instructions from “allelectrceverything” are still very useful but when you are finished and if there are a few gremlins, give it a day or two. It seems the Volvo techies in the sky are at work.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts