Volvo XC40 Forum banner
81 - 91 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
2022 C40 Recharge
291 Posts
I would be proactive and call my dealer first. Rather schedule shop time than have an emergency

·
Registered
3,778 Posts
If your having tcam issues and there is a seal in your shark fin I would get to dealer ASAP. Show them how the water gets in. Show them threads from here.

Trying to remember is there an official Volvo notice or code for this problem yet?

·
Registered
2022 XC40 Recharge Twin Fusion Red
1,019 Posts
If your having tcam issues and there is a seal in your shark fin I would get to dealer ASAP. Show them how the water gets in. Show them threads from here.

Trying to remember is there an official Volvo notice or code for this problem yet?
Yes there is a service campaign in the USA and Canada for sure - somebody posted all the info here which is how I found out about it. The Australian service manager was aware of the issue too, so I assume it’s been a problem worldwide. :( Interestingly, we took our car for a day trip today. Pulled out of the garage and no mobile signal (just the dreaded x)...drove for about 30 minutes and nothing. Tried re-setting the TCAM (defrost button) which did nothing and neither did the ICU re-set. Stopped for a while at a small town and left the car locked...came back and all good. This really is insanity! :)

·
Registered
108 Posts
I have had three complete power failures in three months. Each requiring a flat bad tow. All have been reported to TSA.

This time they state it is due to a leak in the TCAM antenna causing water damage and a TCAM failure. The service manager
states they found water in the module and this issue is not part of a recall notification.

Active Service Campaign : A10140 Antenna Cover : Model Year 2021 and 2022 90 Series, XC60 and XC40
Item:A10140-2021-12-09

In my case they replace the TCAM and did a reseal.

The cause is an apparent failure of the adhesive to bond to the antenna and car and produce a tight seal.

Continental, which makes the TCAM, is a multinational company in Germany that specializes in
brake systems, interior electronics, automotive safety , power train, safety, self driving ,chassis components and electronic modules
for electronic integration. And, they also make tires.

Continental Automotive GmbH TCAM Telematics and Connectivity Antenna Module TCAM1NA0
It appears that Volvo charges to download the pdf data file?

·
Registered
2022 XC40 Recharge Twin Fusion Red
1,019 Posts
It appears that Volvo charges to download the pdf data file?
Yes...somebody here paid to download it and posted it in one of the threads...you should be able to find it via the search. If not, let us know.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Una actualización rápida ya que reemplazaron mi TCAM y sellaron la antena.\

Esto puede ser coincidencia, suerte, tiempo, o puede estar relacionado con el nuevo TCAM.

La aplicación VOC ha funcionado sin ningún problema. Se conecta con el teléfono y da actualizaciones sin problemas.

Las conexiones GPS, LTE e internet wifi han sido instantáneas. Cuando inicio sesión para un podcast o
Sirius, la conexión se produce inmediatamente y no hay problemas con los cambios de estación.

Actualizaré esto si el LTE / GPS y la aplicación continúan funcionando como se anuncia. Pero, por el momento, el nuevo TCAM parece haber arreglado todos los gremlins. [/CITA] Llo
A quick update since they replaced my TCAM and sealed the antenna.\

This may be coincidence, luck, timing, or it may be related to the new TCAM

The VOC app has worked without any hitches. It connects with the phone and gives updates without issues.

The GPS, LTE and internet wifi connections have been instantaneous. When I log in for a podcast or
Sirius, the connection occurs immediately and no issues with station changes.

I will update this if the LTE/GPS and app continue to work as advertised.

But, for the moment, the new TCAM seems to have fixed all of the gremlins....
Hello,
How long did it take to replace it?
Thanks

81 - 91 of 91 Posts