Volvo XC40 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Glacier Silver XC40 Recharge P8
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know what this empty storage space in the interior of the tailgate is for? I think I may be missing something. See photo.

Attachments

·
Registered
160 Posts
Anyone know what this empty storage space in the interior of the tailgate is for? I think I may be missing something. See photo.
Warning triangle
Think it's only included in certain markets. None of the Volvos I've ever owned came with it.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So, Volvo thinks us Americans don't need these safety items? Whoa, not sensible.

·
Registered
2021 XC40 Recharge
141 Posts
So, Volvo thinks us Americans don't need these safety items? Whoa, not sensible.
It is a law in Europe, not in North America, nothing comes free, not even the little plastic windshield ticket holder.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I used to live in Spain, and every 2 to 4 years your entire car is inspected and must have a safety kit containing the items that Greggspies mentioned: A reflective safety vest, road side cones, reflective hazard flags, and extra lightbulbs for all your blinkers/headlights. Probably this compartment is where a bunch of that is kept. Trust me, it's all super collapsible and tiny (just like my European oven haha).

·
Registered
5 Posts
I would like to order this, but my searches for the 2021 XC40 keep finding the one that goes under the cargo cover with the jack.
Does anyone know the part number for the one that goes in this location (lift gate)?

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I would like to order this, but my searches for the 2021 XC40 keep finding the one that goes under the cargo cover with the jack.
Does anyone know the part number for the one that goes in this location (lift gate)?
Yes, I would like to get one too -- if possible. Otherwise, what good to make of the space?

·
Registered
160 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
t
nah, it’s available if one wants it
2021 V
I think it's been established that the warning triangle in the kit is not the same as the one used in the tailgate and doesn't fit. I have posted the dimensions of the one that does fit, if anyone wants to check.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts