Volvo XC40 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi there

does anyone know how to properly open the rear latch with the foot? please let us know the best way to make that work properly ..

·
Registered
35 Posts
Its in the owner manual. Its also slower than **** to recognize your foot even if you have the fob close enough to the car. It quicker to just hit the button.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Mine operates very nicely - very quick to sense. I can walk up and immediately swipe my foot and it opens right away. I've never had to wait to sense the key and it always works. I also have a Ford Explorer wit the same feature and it does not work nearly as well as the Volvo.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Mines works quickly and easily. Stand just to the left of the license plate and move your left foot straight in under the bumper and back out, no side to side motion is necessary. The important thing is to then take a step back because if you're too close it won't open; it doesn't want to hit you.

·
Registered
2020 T5 Momentum
21 Posts
Mine works great. Stand within a foot of the car, just left of the license plate, then stick either foot straight under the bumper then move it back away from the bumper. Mine works every time and more reliable than other cars I’ve had with the same feature.

·
Registered
24 Posts
This feature works OK on my car. Takes a little practice to know where to hit the sweet spot of the sensor. I also like that you can do the reverse: close the tailgate the same way. Comes in handy when I have my arms full.

·
Registered
45 Posts
The important thing is to then take a step back because if you're too close it won't open; it doesn't want to hit you.
Whoa. This was an awesome tip. No wonder I always had some issues with it opening from time to time. Now, (most times) when I stand back, it opens. I wish this was explained better to me when I got this AMAZING vehicle.

One other thing about this tailgate - it opens WAY faster than most cars on the road. I appreciate this.

Thank you for posting this.

·
Registered
24 Posts
The owner's manual is stunningly incomplete in explaining so many things about this car. I wonder if it's the Chinese influence? I have bought many things from China, and the directions are illogical and incomplete too.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just got my XC40 2 weeks ago (love it) and I'm starting to figure out the foot under the tailgate thing. It works great when I'm in a parking lot, but I can't get it to work when I'm in the garage. Any idea why?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi,
Make sure I’m the garage you don’t have any item around the floor. Mean around where you do the kick ( the sensor may read something is there and won’t open) The kick it is from left to right 2 sensor (rear park assist) you have to step back.
look the videos, left foot kick after go back with you right foot.
This is my recommendation: just check your surroundings it should work.
Best Wishes, nbg

·
Registered
79 Posts
FWIW, straight in and out, just to the left of the plate holder, works like a charm, for opening and closing.

The thought comes back to me with any tango foot move (no matter what car). You arms are full of whatever,whatever isn't light, it's pouring rain... about the last thing I want to do is play footsie with my car. I can see someone losing their balance, the armful of squirming child goes into the air as someone lands on their butt. In a puddle, of course. I'm just sayin'... But then, I'm prone to vertigo...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts