·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

·
Premium Member
2021 White XC40 Recharge P8
267 Posts
Dont recall if Volvo has it on the agenda to add support for digital keys to allow for driving? sending keys to friends, family members etc... (not just to Lock/Unlock or precondition)
Phone as a key was mentioned during the Volvo Tech Moment, but as @BainbridgeIsland posted it’s not on the timeline for the rest on 2021 or early 2022, but Polestar implemented it by OTA update.

BTW, the Ford MME has had problems with a stable implementation of PAAK. It’s frustrating for owners since Ford was relying on PAAK and only provides one key fob. It seems only Tesla has been successful in implementing PAAK. Yet, even Tesla provides a NFC card as a backup. Given Volvo’s inability to get the Volvo Cars app to work reliably, I’d be reluctant to rely upon PAAK as my primary vehicle key.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Appreciate the responses...I'll try and follow how PaaK rolls out on the Polestar.
I didn't see siriusxm on the update list either... Holding my breath for that too

·
Registered
514 Posts
I didn't see siriusxm on the update list either... Holding my breath for that too
This particular update list is only for the Volvo Cars phone app - which doesn't have anything to do with native Sirius XM support. As for the non-phone updates - they seem to be less forthcoming about those. The only ones I've seen promised in writing on Volvo's web site are Orange Key speed limits and Apple CarPlay:
New functions will be added for your vehicle later this year. For example, the orange Care Key key will get a speed limit designed to help ensure that the vehicle is driven safely, for example if you loan it out. Apple CarPlay will be added to also enable a passenger to integrate their phone with your vehicle.

·
Premium Member
267 Posts
Appreciate the responses...I'll try and follow how PaaK rolls out on the Polestar.
I received the following response from Volvo customer service:
Thank you for contacting Volvo! OTA should start to roll out this summer in batches. Apple Car Play and android auto will be available later in 2022. Sirius XM will be available late fall of 2021. Once OTA launches our support site ill update on what gets updated with software updates for customers to view. Sorry for any inconvenience that this may cause.

·
Registered
XC40 P8 2021 - Sage Green
66 Posts
Surprising to see Apple CarPlay postponed to 2022. It was first promised (by my dealer) for end of Q2 2021, then Volvo wrote "Late 2021" on their website, now it would be 2022 ? ...

·
Premium Member
267 Posts
Surprising to see Apple CarPlay postponed to 2022. It was first promised (by my dealer) for end of Q2 2021, then Volvo wrote "Late 2021" on their website, now it would be 2022 ? ...
I think the differing timelines for Apple CarPlay is indicative of Volvo’s rollout fail. Dealers, customer service and marketing/communication don’t have the same info, so it’s hard to know who is the most authoritative source. The problem is no one in the Volvo organization is held accountable for missing timelines or the accuracy of their statements.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts