Volvo XC40 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know the satellite SiriusXM isn't going to work until software update in December, but I thought there was going to be an app to use streaming internet SiriusXM available, but I'm not seeing it in Google Play stores limited app selection for the Recharge.
Can others confirm not streaming internet app for it? My thought was perhaps I didn't get an update since the dealer processed the car off delivery truck to me so quickly and the update would allow me access to more apps, but that wouldn't make a ton of sense with the point of Google Play Store.

Also no Amazon Audible app either? :(

·
Registered
125 Posts
Given that SiriusXM requires a special decoder and antenna (which car manufacturers love to charge an arm and a leg for), I would suspect it is the Google Play app we are waiting on. In the meantime, of course, you can stream from your phone over bluetooth.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Given that SiriusXM requires a special decoder and antenna (which car manufacturers love to charge an arm and a leg for), I would suspect it is the Google Play app we are waiting on. In the meantime, of course, you can stream from your phone over bluetooth.
this is what I am doing for now. use the phone app and connect via BT.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Yep, they expect us to stream XM via Bluetooth from the App on your phone until the built-in capability of the car is ready. At that point a new App should appear in the Google Play store that enables that function. At least they gave us free 12 months of XM service, which is pretty good, so we are streaming for free for now!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for confirming I'm not crazy not seeing the app in the play store! Hoping more developers add AAOS support in the near future, you'd think audible would be a good target for Volvo to push to support as well.

And with all that storage space in the Recharge, I'm wondering if we'll be surprised by them adding rewind functionality in SIriusXM?!

·
Registered
85 Posts
My car has a SiriusXM radio ID, which tells me it has the hardware, but the software to use it isn't done yet.

·
Registered
2021 XC40 P8 - Bursting Blue
257 Posts
When I picked up my car, there was a mirror card hanging, mentioning SiriusXM with language like :"SiriusXM hardware is installed but is not currently enabled , blah, blah"

I can take a photo of it sometime if anyone wants to see.

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
I keep getting email from Sirius to activate the package in my car. As I did not write or ask them to
Email me and it’s in a misspelling of wife(2)s name I am unwilling to click on it as I assume it is fishing.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I keep getting email from Sirius to activate the package in my car. As I did not write or ask them to
Email me and it’s in a misspelling of wife(2)s name I am unwilling to click on it as I assume it is fishing.

It is not fishing. After buying the car the dealership enrolls you in the Sirius program. This allows the trial activation Sirius is not aware of the fact that the car does not have a working app. They are simply contacting you as the dealership provided the information to allow you to get the service.

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Yay so the dealership managed to spell wife(1)s name wrong. Wtg Volvo sales :p still better than a fishing scam :)

Thanks for the Info.

·
Registered
125 Posts
My car has a SiriusXM radio ID, which tells me it has the hardware, but the software to use it isn't done yet.
Where did you find the SiriusXM radio ID? I couldn't find it in any menu. You may be correct that the hardware is there already.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Where did you find the SiriusXM radio ID? I couldn't find it in any menu. You may be correct that the hardware is there already.
I got a card in the mail from SiriusXM about the one year free trial and streaming until Volvo gets the software done. They had the VIN and added the Radio ID to my account with the free one year trial. I would have never known the hardware was there without talking to SiriusXM Customer Care about the one year trial. It doesn't show up in any menus in the car.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts