Volvo XC40 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I put the rear seats down flat and drive the vehicle I randomly hear what sounds like the rear seat release mechanism firing. It happens most often when there is some weight on top of the folded rear seats. has anyone else experienced this? It sounds exactly like the sound one hears when pressing the buttons in the tailgate to release and fold down the rear seats. I'm about to take the car for a routine service interval and wondered if this is a known problem or something unusual.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Dropping the rear seat triggers the 'fold rear headrests' mechanism so they drop correctly into the foot well behind the front seats. I wonder if it is being triggered randomly in your case?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That could be! Normally my rear headrests are down already. It's either the sound of the 'fold rear headrests' mechanism releasing or the 'fold rear seat' mechanism that appears to trigger randomly while the rear seats are folded down ... and is more likely when there is some weight on them.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I came here to search this very thing. Weight in the back doesn't seem to make any difference for me. It goes off when empty and when the dog is back there and really freaks her out. I've mentioned it to the dealer several times to no avail. The tech drives it around and it doesn't make any sound. It seems like I can go days or even weeks with no problem. Sometimes it happens every few minutes, even going on for 15 to 20 seconds. It is basically my only complaint with the car.Let me know if you have better luck with your dealer. I'm trying to find something for them to research.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts