Volvo XC40 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
‘22 XC40 Recharge Twin in Denim Blue MFD 6/21
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This past weekend while using Spotify and switching to another app Pocket Cast, then to normal radio. When I switched to radio the audio from Spotify and pocket cast continued even though I had paused them. I had 3 sources of audio at the same time.
You would assume that once you switch from one source to the next the audio will use the last source and pause the one not in use.

Anyone experience the same behavior?

The only thing that did eventually solve the issue was holding the home button and resetting the system while driving (there was no safe place to stop).

·
Registered
‘22 XC40 Recharge Twin in Denim Blue MFD 6/21
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok, I’m not be alone.
Very strange and annoying behavior.

Haven’t experienced it after I did the reset.

·
Registered
2022 XC40 Recharge Twin Fusion Red
388 Posts
OK, we had an odd one yesterday. Car was plugged in and charging, and doors locked. My partner went to get his COVID mask out of the car - unlocked and grabbed mask, closed door. He went back to the garage several hours later and heard music - looked inside car and screens were on and radio was playing. He opened he driver’s door and it seemed to shut down. Anyone else had this happen? Seems odd if the radio can run for long times with nobody in the car as it might flatten the 12V battery. I suggested we leave the car locked at all times as I assume if you close the doors and lock with the fob it should shut everything down.

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
OK, we had an odd one yesterday. Car was plugged in and charging, and doors locked. My partner went to get his COVID mask out of the car - unlocked and grabbed mask, closed door. He went back to the garage several hours later and heard music - looked inside car and screens were on and radio was playing. He opened he driver’s door and it seemed to shut down. Anyone else had this happen? Seems odd if the radio can run for long times with nobody in the car as it might flatten the 12V battery. I suggested we leave the car locked at all times as I assume if you close the doors and lock with the fob it should shut everything down.
And your car does not have the right to play music when it gets lonely… (puts his hands over Margo’s microphones” and whispers at least it’s not having a romance with a Porsche Taycan … put it away at 89% charge …come back the next day and it is at 40%. Wiper fluid drained …. One tire flat. . .ac going full blast and the central console endlessly rebooting.

A love sick ev on a Hangover after a bender is an unpleasant sight to see.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts