Volvo XC40 Forum banner

Still waiting

3K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  Dan in Connecticut 
#1 ·
Pre-ordered in the fall of last year. Vehicle shipped in Feb. Arrived in March. Promised in April. Last week told they're waiting for a full transport truck. Now it's May. This is really really really bad!!!!!!

#9 ·
Called corporate yesterday to inquire about the delay and to complain but could only leave a message. Today got a call back and told the car had been delivered to me last week (5 days ago)! The spokesperson was very apologietic and reached out to the dealer who called shortly thereafter. The salesman claimed that corporate had made a mistake and that my car was coming off the truck, literally, as we were speaking. I am scheduled for pick-up tomorrow. Let's see if this long delay is finally over.

#11 ·
Based on what the spokesperson said the dealer has had the car for at least week and had submitted paper to volvo stating they had delivered it to you when in reality they had not even contacted you yet - not sure why the dealer would do that unless there was some sort of delivery incentive from corporate to the dealer and he submitted to take advantage of it and didnot have time to do the actual predelivery and get it to you by the cutoff. And stating that it was just coming off the truck is a line to satisfy you because there is no way you would be able to tell if it was the truth or not. Now once Volvo had contacted him he is in a rush to get it to you - if he was just taking off the truck today it would be difficult for them to have it all pre-delivered and ready for you tomorrow!! My thoughts FWIW.

#12 ·
Thanks for reinforcing my skepticism but, as of right now, I am pleased the vehicle is (I hope) going to be finally here. What is the real issue with Volvo? Did the "software update" that took 2 months really have to do with connecting to a i-Phone? I suspect there are serious performance, driver assist features (e.g., BLIS) or battery charging/draining issues they couldn't figure out for all that time. I am not ready to blame the dealer since more and more it seems to me tha,t in addition to all the fuss over this rollout, Volvo wants to follow the Tesla plan to basically do away with dealerships. I'd like your thoughts.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.