Volvo XC40 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else have an XC40 with low miles (within warrantee) with a peeling steering wheel (faux leather wrapping).

I have 2 exact XC40 Inscriptions (2020 and 2021)... my car (and my wife's car) are both peeling. Two different drivers.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Anyone else have an XC40 with low miles (within warrantee) with a peeling steering wheel (faux leather wrapping).

I have 2 exact XC40 Inscriptions (2020 and 2021)... my car (and my wife's car) are both peeling. Two different drivers.
Anyone? I've got a service appointment Thursday and would like to show a pattern.

And I've never cleaned the steering wheel. Plus, my wife's car is starting to peel, too - same exact car (just one year newer). The peeling starts around 20k miles.

·
Registered
643 Posts
Anyone? I've got a service appointment Thursday and would like to show a pattern.

And I've never cleaned the steering wheel. Plus, my wife's car is starting to peel, too - same exact car (just one year newer). The peeling starts around 20k miles.
Do you have pics so we can see what to look for? Pls post.

·
Registered
1 Posts

I have the same thing happening on my V60. It started at 30,000 miles and I now have 39,500 and it looks terrible. My Honda has 121,500 on it and not a mark. I use the same cleaning supplies on the leather steering wheels.

Yep - if you want to replace it is going to be over $1,000.

I also noted that the shift boot has a crack. I noticed it too late to try for a warranty claim. It is hard to see and only shows when you have it in gear and look closely. I normally don't look down and close while driving. :

Volvo has gone cheap on their trim, no doubt about it and / or quality control is not very good. You pay a lot for these cars and expect a lot. Next time I'm going Lexus.

So far in my 2 years of owning this car it has needed thousands of dollars of work, much of it was under warranty. Warranty is over now. My friends Lexus, that he's had for years has not had any problems. This is my 4th Volvo in my life and probably my last. Errrrrr!!!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts