Volvo XC40 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm on version 1.7. Recently, I've been getting static on my Audio system. It crackles and pops occasionally like bad reception. It happens on all audio functions including iheart radio app, sirius XM, and regular radio.

I wanted to reset the IHU to try to fix the issue, but I've been unable to reset the IHU using the center button. I was able to do it in the past with older versions, but now, it just asks me if I want to turn off or keep it on. If I choose "turn off", all it does is black out the screen. I don't think it really does anything. Nothing else happens no matter how long I hold the button.

Anybody else experience this or have any suggestions before taking it in to the dealer?

· Registered
2021 XC40 Recharge
45 Posts
I’ve had a couple of brief incidents of static/crackle too - Google, Sirius… regular radio seemed okay. Went to reset it but it magically stopped so I didn’t try after that & wondered if it was the satellite signal (cloudy, snowing when it occurred)… am curious how yours pans out!

· Registered
9 Posts
I'm on version 1.7. Recently, I've been getting static on my Audio system. It crackles and pops occasionally like bad reception. It happens on all audio functions including iheart radio app, sirius XM, and regular radio.

I wanted to reset the IHU to try to fix the issue, but I've been unable to reset the IHU using the center button. I was able to do it in the past with older versions, but now, it just asks me if I want to turn off or keep it on. If I choose "turn off", all it does is black out the screen. I don't think it really does anything. Nothing else happens no matter how long I hold the button.

Anybody else experience this or have any suggestions before taking it in to the dealer?
If you hold center button it will ask to turn off screen for cleaning mode. Don’t let go of button keep holding for about 5-10 seconds and then it should fully power down and restart displaying Volvo logo.
Restarting it instantly fixed my audio problem like yours is described.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.