Volvo XC40 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I got my Leaf in 2011 along with other early adopters, I began seeing other Leafs all over the place quite quickly. That hasn't happened yet with the Recharge here in the Bay Area. I haven't seen one other than at the dealer. Has anyone seen another one "in the wild?" Be the first to report it here.

·
Registered
2021 White XC40 Recharge P8
90 Posts
When I got my Leaf in 2011 along with other early adopters, I began seeing other Leafs all over the place quite quickly. That hasn't happened yet with the Recharge here in the Bay Area. I haven't seen one other than at the dealer. Has anyone seen another one "in the wild?" Be the first to report it here.
No sightings in the wild in WNC, Asheville area. The design is so similar to the ICE XC 40 that unless you notice the solid front or the Recharge badge on the rear it’s hard to tell the difference. I also haven’t seen any MMEs here, either. Noticing more MYs and a few MSs. Smaller market for EVs, I guess. Lots of Subies and Prius. Only one Volvo dealer in the area and it has only had 4 P8s so far.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I saw a Mustang Mach-e yesterday. I think there are more of those around. I don't think they really qualify as SUVs.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Picked up my XC40 last Saturday. Saw another one yesterday on a neighborhood walk in Minneapolis. Both of us very excited we have our vehicles!!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Where in the Bay? I’m up near Marin but travel down to the city too and went to Half Moon Bay. Today I’m up near Eureka to check out the avenue of the giants and test out the range.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Not seen any others in the wild in Seattle.

Everyone who sees mine asks things like:
1. Oh does the station pump gas as well as charge
2. Is it a hybrid
3. Volvo makes all electric cars

I am always enthusiastic about my lovely car and people are very excited about getting a Volvo :)

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Where in the Bay? I’m up near Marin but travel down to the city too and went to Half Moon Bay. Today I’m up near Eureka to check out the avenue of the giants and test out the range.
Los Altos. I'm retired and am not likely to get up to the north Bay, or even the city any time soon. I do get up the peninsula from time to time, usually geocaching in the mountains. What color is yours?

·
Registered
547 Posts
Here is the scarlet harlot in the wild.

file:///var/mobile/Library/SMS/Attachments/82/02/9ADA47A0-C0AA-47D8-BB25-F1FFFD7B56D3/IMG_9357.heic

1 - 12 of 12 Posts