Volvo XC40 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Glacier Silver XC40 Recharge P8
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Somewhere in the forum I saw mention of the Speed Limiter. It is mentioned in the manual, but does not explain how to activate/deactivate it -- can anyone enlighten me? Is it automatically built in? Is it the same as the cruise control w/o pilot assist? I don't see it in the on-board settings menu.

·
Registered
2021 XC40 P8 20", Heat Pump.
51 Posts
Somewhere in the forum I saw mention of the Speed Limiter. It is mentioned in the manual, but does not explain how to activate/deactivate it -- can anyone enlighten me? Is it automatically built in? Is it the same as the cruise control w/o pilot assist? I don't see it in the on-board settings menu.
If it is the same as on the ICE Volvos, it is a feature that allows the adaptive cruise control to limit itself to the posted speed limit. For example, if you set the adaptive cruise at 60mph, but then enter a 30mph speed zone the car will slow down to 30mph without you doing anything. Great feature, but as far as I know not available in our USA cars.

·
Registered
2021 XC40 Recharge
156 Posts
If they ever release it to the US, I'd like it to be similar to how the mach-e does it. It allows an offset to be set. Like always do 5 mph over the speed limit.

·
Registered
51 Posts
If they ever release it to the US, I'd like it to be similar to how the mach-e does it. It allows an offset to be set. Like always do 5 mph over the speed limit.
Yes! The ICE ones that had it had a similar offset - about 5mph. I seem to think that was the max offset though. I would love this feature on my Volvo here in the US.

Reactions: JT Rock

·
Registered
336 Posts
I think the speed limiter is tied to the orange key fob - at some point in the future you should be able to limit the speed of the car when using that key fob - so when your kids or neighbour want to borrow your car you give them the orange fob and limit the top speed they can drive it.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Thanks for the link, but this is for XC60. When I use this link and "change vehicle" to XC40 Recharge, it only gives 2022 year option. What about for a 2021 Recharge?
It isn't available for many Volvos in the US. It is not available (yet, nor have I seen it announced as a coming feature) on our XC40s.

Here is the link to the XC40 Recharge in Australia with the info: Automatic speed limiter | Automatic speed limiter | Driver support | XC40 Recharge Pure Electric 2022 | Volvo Support (volvocars.com)

And for the UK - Automatic speed limiter | Automatic speed limiter | Driver support | XC40 Recharge Pure Electric 2021 | Volvo Support (volvocars.com)

Here is the link for the 2021 USA XC40 Recharge, however as you will see, there is no content about the Automatic Speed Limiter. XC40 Recharge Pure Electric 2021 | Volvo Support (volvocars.com)

·
Registered
2021 XC40. P8 Fusion Red
89 Posts
Send your question to Volvo Customer Service. I get my answers to questions that way and they re more accurate sometimes.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I have a new Oz XC40 recharge and did mention the speed limiter, its listed in the Driver aids menu, the choice is Speed limiter or Pilot assist, cant use both that i have seen. Once set it you turn it on the same way you turn on cruise control on the steering wheel. On the dash it comes up with a sign saying speed limit and shows the speed it is limited to. I think among other things its using google maps as it drops me down to the school zone speed even when its not active. Hope this helps, btw its good for my licence and makes driving in suburbia more relaxed. Just remember to turn it on when you start up!!

·
Registered
78 Posts
It isn't available for many Volvos in the US. It is not available (yet, nor have I seen it announced as a coming feature) on our XC40s.

Here is the link to the XC40 Recharge in Australia with the info: Automatic speed limiter | Automatic speed limiter | Driver support | XC40 Recharge Pure Electric 2022 | Volvo Support (volvocars.com)

And for the UK - Automatic speed limiter | Automatic speed limiter | Driver support | XC40 Recharge Pure Electric 2021 | Volvo Support (volvocars.com)

Here is the link for the 2021 USA XC40 Recharge, however as you will see, there is no content about the Automatic Speed Limiter. XC40 Recharge Pure Electric 2021 | Volvo Support (volvocars.com)
Thanks I learnt something about increasing the tolerance on the speed limiter :)

·
Registered
51 Posts
Reactions: Gaffaa
1 - 12 of 12 Posts