Volvo XC40 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So this C40 Volvo interior design video was just posted some few hours ago, and it shows something very interesting.

I don't know when this video was produced, probably some time ago; but it appears to be an internal firmware he's showing off, and it clearly shows "Speed Limiter" as a driver support toggle.

It's more likely an old alpha version where that option was simply removed and made mandatory. I know Kyle with Out of Spec had a lively discussion with a Volvo executive in charge of safety systems who simply couldn't understand why anyone would want to go faster than 112 miles per hour in the C40.

·
Registered
59 Posts
So this C40 Volvo interior design video was just posted some few hours ago, and it shows something very interesting.

I don't know when this video was produced, probably some time ago; but it appears to be an internal firmware he's showing off, and it clearly shows "Speed Limiter" as a driver support toggle.

It's more likely an old alpha version where that option was simply removed and made mandatory. I know Kyle with Out of Spec had a lively discussion with a Volvo executive in charge of safety systems who simply couldn't understand why anyone would want to go faster than 112 miles per hour in the C40.
That's the purpose of the ORANGE keyfob apparently. It's on the press releases.
Font Multimedia Logo Brand Sleeve

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's the purpose of the ORANGE keyfob apparently. It's on the press releases. View attachment 3583
OK, that's-- even more interesting. I didn't know that feature was coming; so it could have been a recent firmware build after all. The setting doesn't govern the 112mph/180km limit, it governs junior from punching it past 75.

That's of course if I'd ever allow another family member to drive my new shiny C40. Preposterous.

·
Registered
2022 XC40 Recharge Twin Fusion Red
609 Posts
Isn’t that just showing the “speed limiter” vs “adaptive cruise” feature? Pretty sure we have that toggle on our XC40 Recharge but I’ve never tried it as we always use adaptive cruise. I think the speed limiter looks at the speed signs and doesn’t allow you to go over the speed limit?? I could be wrong…and given the speed sign recognition isn’t that accurate, I think it might be a be bit annoying. I know one guy over in Western Australia uses the speed limiter to avoid tickets…but maybe it’s not a toggle on the US cars?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts