Volvo XC40 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ughhh I really love this car but the software bugs are killing my joy.

So I've got speaker static, sort of like a loose speaker wire, that gets worse when the car is in motion. Been going on for about 2 weeks.but now I've realized that it's more than a loose wire - when it starts happening, the playback of the song/podcast/radio actially slows down in speed. Sometimes significantly. And the last few days, the sound of the blinker/turning signal "tick tock" has joined the glitch. The blinker light flashes at the same speed but the sound intermittently slows down, speeds up.

Blah. I sort of hope someone else has this newest glitch so I can hear feedback on resolution ... I just want to drive my **** brand new car and now have to take it in for stupid service.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Update: rebooted Infotainment center, and maybe that reset data/internet connection? Cleared the cache? Whatev, no more scratchy/slowed down audio or blinkers. But now I lose connection going under bridges/overpasses which, hello I live in California. Not cool. Also started having issues with speech to text right after. Maybe this is a Google Auto issue rather than Volvo... Leaving this here for when someone else searches for the same faults.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thank you for sharing this. Ive had my car for a month and have noticed the same thing with the static and slowed playback. I thought it was a loose wire too, but the playback slowing down has had me stumped. I will try rebooting.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you for sharing this. Ive had my car for a month and have noticed the same thing with the static and slowed playback. I thought it was a loose wire too, but the playback slowing down has had me stumped. I will try rebooting.
I had zero issues after reboot, with speaker playback and maps data connection. Making me think it was a connectivity issue, that the squeaky/slow playback was due to spotify pausing/restarting playback due to connectivity going rapidly in and out. Since my last post, zero issues with any of it and i only reset the IHU (and by proxy the modem) one time. Good luck!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts