Volvo XC40 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2022 XC40 Recharge Twin Fusion Red
812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Interesting spare tyre solution on the XC40 EV in India that I just saw in this YouTube video:
Looks to be some sort of a space-saver spare…I wonder if it’s a requirement to have a spare tyre in India or something? Not great for boot space!
Car Vehicle Automotive lighting Hood Motor vehicle

·
Registered
277 Posts
It wouldn't look as elegant and I don't know how well it would work with vertically opening tailgates, but h is e hard we would it be to have a spare tire mounted on the tailgate (like early 2000s rav4/crv). It would solve the problem of no spare in limited space.

·
Registered
2022 XC40 Recharge Twin Fusion Red
812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It wouldn't look as elegant and I don't know how well it would work with vertically opening tailgates, but h is e hard we would it be to have a spare tire mounted on the tailgate (like early 2000s rav4/crv). It would solve the problem of no spare in limited space.
Yeah, I don't think the vertically opening tailgate would cope with that weight. This might work since you don't need much frontal airflow? LOL
Wheel Tire Volkswagen type 2 Vehicle Car

• Haha
Reactions: eduspina

·
Registered
38 Posts
As someone who owned a 2006 CRV I wish more cars would come with an external full size spare like that. It was nice to have a full size spare and freed up a lot of usable cargo room under the load floor. Never had any issues with the side-opening door (although I probably got wet a few times loading/unloading in the rain).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts