Volvo XC40 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did not get the HK sound upgrade and I am regretting it. I really miss the woofers under the seat in my old Crosstrek. Has anyone had success upgrading the factory installed sound system?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I did not get the HK sound upgrade and I am regretting it. I really miss the woofers under the seat in my old Crosstrek. Has anyone had success upgrading the factory installed sound system?
I'm researching this now. There is very little published info on the specs of the standard amp other than it is a 250w amp. Meaningless without an ohms rating or channel info

There's a thread on Aurison Prima speakers here, which is very interesting. They are designed to work specifically with limited original factory fitted amps, so are very sensitive, 92/93db, and they do an enclosed 10" active subwoofer unit which would fit perfectly under the XC40 boot floor - if it's compatible with the Volvo amp Have a trawl on YouTube. It looks much better than the passive, ported HK boot sub btw.

I need to find out the proper specs for the UK amp and how the rather weak & washy central dash speaker is connected up.

I'll post when I find out

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm researching this now. There is very little published info on the specs of the standard amp other than it is a 250w amp. Meaningless without an ohms rating or channel info

There's a thread on Aurison Prima speakers here, which is very interesting. They are designed to work specifically with limited original factory fitted amps, so are very sensitive, 92/93db, and they do an enclosed 10" active subwoofer unit which would fit perfectly under the XC40 boot floor - if it's compatible with the Volvo amp Have a trawl on YouTube. It looks much better than the passive, ported HK boot sub btw.

I need to find out the proper specs for the UK amp and how the rather weak & washy central dash speaker is connected up.

I'll post when I find out
Looking forward to hearing what you find out.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Well that was a total waste of time. My car was in for service so when I booked it in I asked for their best audio guy to answer a few specific questions about the current installation.

24 hours later I got a phone call from the receptionist telling me they don't know anything, as the cars come with Audio already fitted!!!
Like they've never had to repair one!!

I've had Mercedes for donkey's years before Volvo. These Volvo dealers really aren't Mercedes standard. They're better than the rubbish I've dealt with previously in the Vauxhall network, and they can fix the cars, but if that was Mercedes and they didn't know they would find out, take pride in knowing their vehicles, and either come back with an answer or a contact name for me to speak to. Volvo have a long way to go if they want to be up there with the best.

So I've tracked down a firm that specializes in upgrading OEM kit, and I'll give them a call.

I did Email Audison "Customer Support" enquiries btw. But as it is Italy and only a month ago I obviously haven't received anything back at all... 😐

At this rate I'll be changing the car before I will be able to change the Audio ☹☹

And it could be cheaper to do that, some of the quotes I've been getting

1 - 7 of 7 Posts