Volvo XC40 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
Red 2022 Late XC40, Yellow 2017 BRZ
1,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Link to chart:

It's interesting, but the data and methodology are a little questionable. The XC40 comes in at 41 kWh/100 miles at an average temperature of 50F, which seems pretty far off from what people here are seeing. Also the Q4 50 gets a significantly higher rating than the Q4 50 Sportback, which makes no sense whatsoever. Still, I guess it's cool that someone is attempting to pull together this data.

· Registered
2,537 Posts

Link to chart:

It's interesting, but the data and methodology are a little questionable. The XC40 comes in at 41 kWh/100 miles at an average temperature of 50F, which seems pretty far off from what people here are seeing. Also the Q4 50 gets a significantly higher rating than the Q4 50 Sportback, which makes no sense whatsoever. Still, I guess it's cool that someone is attempting to pull together this data.
Even when it was in the 40s here in ATL I was in the ~37-38kWh/100 miles.

· Registered
189 Posts
I guess the stat that bothers me the most is the fact that despite using 150kW chargers, the XC40 is maxing out at 134kW. I hit 126kW maximum. Granted, this will only be useful when the SOC is below 30% or so....

· Registered
26 Posts
We drove the 2022 XC40 Recharge 100 miles on a round trip down the highway. Fairly flat here in the Houston area except for overpasses. Around 5 miles included stop and go to get to the highway and turn arounds. Our highway speed for the most part was 65mph, however we did speed up and slow down a couple of times during the trip due to traffic. Outside temps were 66F. Did not draft other cars/trucks. Our average for the entire trip was 32.5kwh/100mi. The instant rate at 65mph bounced between 27kwh-30kwh/100mi. Not too bad for a crossover SUV that chose styling over aerodynamics.

BTW, my Electrify America app shows 185kwh peak charge rate on a 300kwh charger in Vidor, Tx. Not sure how accurate, as I did not personally see it occur.

· Registered
2022 XC40 Recharge Twin Fusion Red
1,493 Posts
We drove the 2022 XC40 Recharge 100 miles on a round trip down the highway. Fairly flat here in the Houston area except for overpasses. Around 5 miles included stop and go to get to the highway and turn arounds. Our highway speed for the most part was 65mph, however we did speed up and slow down a couple of times during the trip due to traffic. Outside temps were 66F. Did not draft other cars/trucks. Our average for the entire trip was 32.5kwh/100mi. The instant rate at 65mph bounced between 27kwh-30kwh/100mi. Not too bad for a crossover SUV that chose styling over aerodynamics.

BTW, my Electrify America app shows 185kwh peak charge rate on a 300kwh charger in Vidor, Tx. Not sure how accurate, as I did not personally see it occur.
Yeah that’s very good consumption figure for those speeds. Well done! Hopefully once we get the latest update(s) ours will improve a bit.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.