Volvo XC40 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying to decipher the software version build information in the System-About screen. I'm thinking the string labeled Build Number actually contains the version number for the overall software update - that 210116 is actually the 116th day of 2021, eg April 26:

Can someone with the latest "June" update confirm what their Build Number string says? Thanks.

·
Registered
2021 XC40 Recharge
140 Posts
Trying to decipher the software version build information in the System-About screen. I'm thinking the string labeled Build Number actually contains the version number for the overall software update - that 210116 is actually the 116th day of 2021, eg April 26:

View attachment 1134

Can someone with the latest "June" update confirm what their Build Number string says? Thanks.
My build number is the same as yours but my Kernel version just above Build number is Apr 27 which matches the build number and this is often referred to as June Update when the driver screen now only has 2 screens and the pilot assist was moved to IHU versus the left steering wheel pad.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My build number is the same as yours but my Kernel version just above Build number is Apr 27 which matches the build number and this is often referred to as June Update when the driver screen now only has 2 screens and the pilot assist was moved to IHU versus the left steering wheel pad.
Well, it was a good theory.

Now I'm not sure what the "Build Number" string is actually referring to. Since it contains the word "ARTINFO" - maybe it's just like the Volvo-specific AAOS "skin" or something.

·
Registered
2021 XC40 P8 - Thunder Grey
46 Posts
Here's mine. I originally purchased back in June but had a DOA HVAC unit. This is the replacement P8 I just took delivery of this week.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I just posted in another thread. Didn't see this one!

Looks like the Build Number does contain some valid info. I took mine in for an update, and the kernel date is Jun 2.

The "March release" shows ARTINFO.QAB.5-13 in the build number string.
My build number shows ARTINFO.QAB.8-104, and @hetz8500 posted a screenshot with ARTINFO.QAB.8-122.

So, they look like they are increasing, so maybe it's a build number.

·
Registered
85 Posts
You’re replacement car definitely has a more recent kernel version and security version than the latest OTA update “June Update” that is being pushed out (which I have). Do you notice any cool new features?

[/QUOTE]
Here's mine. I originally purchased back in June but had a DOA HVAC unit. This is the replacement P8 I just took delivery of this week. View attachment 1135

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
And Volvo rocks the documentation

I mean fails to rock.

Reactions: shawkinaw

·
Registered
2021 XC40 P8 - Thunder Grey
46 Posts
Was the “Auto-close sunroof cover” always an option or is that new? I know it’s a feature in other Volvos I just don’t remember seeing it before in the P8.

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
It was the right page as it was the one I got when I entered xc40 recharge pure electric 2021. It had our other updates. Volvo has just not updated it yet. ( as someone said they might be on holiday).

the auto close sunroof sounds handy. Will check she see whether my March build has that.

·
Registered
2021 XC40 P8 20", Heat Pump.
45 Posts
Was the “Auto-close sunroof cover” always an option or is that new? I know it’s a feature in other Volvos I just don’t remember seeing it before in the P8. View attachment 1138
Picked up ours at the beginning of July and it was there. A great feature.

·
Registered
321 Posts
I don't see that option - mine still has the original April software update (March 18 kernel date) that it was delivered with. It must be a more recent update.
I have the June update and do not have the auto close for the sunroof so that item is new. Is pilot assist still on the infotainment screen or did it get moved back to the left hand cruise control buttons on the steering wheel?

·
Registered
155 Posts
I have the June update and do not have the auto close for the sunroof so that item is new. Is pilot assist still on the infotainment screen or did it get moved back to the left hand cruise control buttons on the steering wheel?
This one really pisses me off!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Picked up ours at the beginning of July and it was there. A great feature.
Had A/C work done on my P8 at the end of July. Dealer said they also did a software update, which kind of surprised me, since received official June update in early July at dealership as part of initial troubleshooting of A/C issue. End of July update included auto close.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Had A/C work done on my P8 at the end of July. Dealer said they also did a software update, which kind of surprised me, since received official June update in early July at dealership as part of initial troubleshooting of A/C issue. End of July update included auto close.
Anything else new that you have noticed in that software update?

·
Registered
2021 XC40 P8 20", Heat Pump.
45 Posts
I have the "June 2" Kernel version and have the auto close function.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts