Volvo XC40 Forum banner
61 - 80 of 143 Posts

· Registered
2021 XC40 Recharge
540 Posts
I would like that, yes. But can 2.4 be skipped? I thought the whole dealership rigmarole was mandatory. Happy to be wrong...
I had 2.4 installed by dealer two weeks ago when I did winter tire change over and accelerator recall, not sure I would feel comfortable doing OTA 2.5 after the 2.3, 2.4 fiasco.

Also I had been bugging my dealer about parts required for accel recall and finally just called Volvo Canada and the first thing the lady asked me "did my dealer order the parts". Of course I had presumed they had, anyway she had me stay online while she contacted my dealer and came back telling me they hadn't but they would now be delivered and ready for my appointment the following week. My dealer is just north of Toronto.

· Registered
8 Posts
I had 2.4 installed by dealer two weeks ago when I did winter tire change over and accelerator recall, not sure I would feel comfortable doing OTA 2.5 after the 2.3, 2.4 fiasco.

Also I had been bugging my dealer about parts required for accel recall and finally just called Volvo Canada and the first thing the lady asked me "did my dealer order the parts". Of course I had presumed they had, anyway she had me stay online while she contacted my dealer and came back telling me they hadn't but they would now be delivered and ready for my appointment the following week. My dealer is just north of Toronto.
Such low accountability is painful to see in what is essentially a luxury brand, eh?
My dealer is in Surrey, BC.

· Registered
'21 XC40 Recharge P8 Sage Green
1,198 Posts
I would like that, yes. But can 2.4 be skipped? I thought the whole dealership rigmarole was mandatory.
Yes, you can skip 2.4 (which is dealer-only). The 2.4 updates will be included in 2.5 OTA.

From the Volvo website, note the italics:
Updates in software V2.4
Note: this software release is only available in workshops, not OTA. The content of V2.4 will be included in the next OTA release.

· Registered
8 Posts
I would have called Volvo Canada customer servicetel:1-800-663-8255 considering update 2.4 is dealer installed only and 2.5 is out and has been announced by Volvo..
I called Volvo Canada customer service and they were equally unhelpful. They insisted that all dealers have access to the same updates, but they were unable to explain how some clients got the 2.4 update through their Canadian dealership and others can't see past 2.3... Hopefully I can get newer versions OTA while skipping 2.4, as suggested on this thread.

· Registered
2021 XC40 P8 Recharge
83 Posts
I went to the local dealer today, having booked an appointment a few weeks ago for the purpose of upgrading from 2.3 to 2.4.
I was told it would take 1.5 hours. After 1.5 hours my car was still where I left it. Upon inquiring, they had clearly forgotten about it and claimed they were "backed up". There was only another person with their car in service at the time.
Anyway, after half an hour they gave me back the keys and said they've upgraded to the latest version. I went to the car and checked, only to find I was still on 2.3. So I went back in and they said that that's the latest version they have, and that this new version is so good because the back up camera no longer starts in 360. I told them that I've had this "new" feature for a while, because it came with 2.3 but they continued to insist that there's no newer version than that.

Has anyone had a similar experience? How am I supposed to keep the OS up to date when 2.4 is a bottleneck that can only be performed at the dealership, but the dealership is clueless?
This tells me that they did not download any software as only version 2.5 has been available in VIDA since November 20.

Reactions: LilOldLady

· Registered
786 Posts
This tells me that they did not download any software as only version 2.5 has been available in VIDA since November 20.
Chris - We have had our XC40 Recharge since April 2021 - any idea when we can expect to have these promised functions on the Volvo Cars App? Thanks in advance - seems to be taking quite some time to make these functions available in the AAOS system - as I recall we had all this in Sensus in our 2019 ICE XC40.

Functions coming later:
  1. Map And Send Destination To Vehicle
  2. Unlocked car reminder
  3. Vehicle status
  4. Car location on map. (on App now) Honk and Flash.
  5. Temperature at vehicle
  6. Driving Journal
  7. Vehicle details - VIN registration no.
  8. Battery range (on app now)
  9. Remote start of air cleaning

· Registered
XC40 Recharge Ultimate '23
1 Posts
Got my XC40 MY23 flashed to 2.5 today. Only took a short ride back home from the dealership. But the car feels less "punchy". Feels like they added a bit of a delay when hammering the accelerator. A bit more linear and less punchy is my first feeling. I had hopes that the Carlinkit I had purchased for my android phone to work with apple carplay would now work, but no. Also, my Volvo cars app no longer shows the percentage of battery and location of the car. Maybe its because it has poor signal under the buildings garage, but before it use to show up no problems. Will investigate some more

· Registered
2021 XC40 Recharge
540 Posts
Chris - We have had our XC40 Recharge since April 2021 - any idea when we can expect to have these promised functions on the Volvo Cars App? Thanks in advance - seems to be taking quite some time to make these functions available in the AAOS system - as I recall we had all this in Sensus in our 2019 ICE XC40.

Functions coming later:
  1. Map And Send Destination To Vehicle
  2. Unlocked car reminder
  3. Vehicle status
  4. Car location on map. (on App now) Honk and Flash.
  5. Temperature at vehicle
  6. Driving Journal
  7. Vehicle details - VIN registration no.
  8. Battery range (on app now)
  9. Remote start of air cleaning
#7 VIN is already available under manage account/manage your volvo ID/

· Registered
876 Posts
I received the email for the XC60. I’m sure I’ll get it by tomorrow for the XC40. That means I will install them the week of Christmas Eve 🤓

· Registered
18 Posts
I received the email for the XC60. I’m sure I’ll get it by tomorrow for the XC40. That means I will install them the week of Christmas Eve 🤓
Please let us know how it goes - I’m delaying installing on my wife’s 2023 XC60 Recharge until I see that it doesn’t cause any issues - I hope to have it for my XC40 Recharge this week - I’ll beta test for her!

61 - 80 of 143 Posts