Volvo XC40 Forum banner
61 - 80 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
2022 C40 Pure Electric Recharge
28 Posts
Hope so too. It is annoying when you spend so much for a new vehicle. It is expected that the new vehicle will be trouble free. My car is currently in the shop at dealership. Do not know when I will get it back. The last update really messed up the electronics. No problems before that.

·
Registered
223 Posts
You are very fortunate you were not in a crash. The system works...the reason I bought Volvo was SAFETY.
Going this am to bring my C40 in for further testing of the Collision Avoidance System.
Be safe...
Well, this morning I got the dreaded "Collision Avoidance system" warning not functioning. I installed 2.3 last week though. So the warning probably came because I was going too fast behind a car before hitting the brakes. I restarted the head unit and the warning disappear. Will monitor it in the next few days to see if it comes back. Maybe tempt the car like I was gonna hit something to trigger it?
Output device Communication Device Telephony Mobile device Portable communications device
Output device Communication Device Portable communications device Automotive design Telephony

·
Registered
853 Posts
Just checked and the release notes you access from the car are now showing 2.3 again.
I’m now wondering if the update showing is different to the one from the one I installed before it was removed last week.
Are there two 2.3 versions?

·
Registered
2021 XC40 Recharge
456 Posts
Just checked and the release notes you access from the car are now showing 2.3 again.
I’m now wondering if the update showing is different to the one from the one I installed before it was removed last week.
Are there two 2.3 versions?
Yes, they took out the 1st or 2nd line that mentioned door locking problems being solved.

·
Registered
853 Posts
Yes, they took out the 1st or 2nd line that mentioned door locking problems being solved.
So that means that the 2.3 I could possibly install on my wife’s XC60 later this week is different from the one I installed in mine?
Very confusing.

·
Registered
2021 XC40 Recharge
456 Posts
So that means that the 2.3 I could possibly install on my wife’s XC60 later this week is different from the one I installed in mine?
Very confusing.
I guess, I installed 2.3 last week and have had no problems with it yet and I had no previous problems with door locking.

·
Registered
3,962 Posts
I suggest any C40 owners that upgraded to 2.3 try to trigger the Collision Avoidance System in their car to see if it is functioning properly.
Obvious questions but:
1. How do you safely trigger the CAS.
2. Why do you think it is not working in a way that needs triggering it to see if it is working.

·
Registered
2021 XC40 Recharge
456 Posts
I suggest any C40 owners that upgraded to 2.3 try to trigger the Collision Avoidance System in their car to see if it is functioning properly.
I suspect it would be tested during startup when most car systems are checked otherwise how do we test numerous other systems such as airbags etc.

·
Registered
223 Posts
I suspect it would be tested during startup when most car systems are checked otherwise how do we test numerous other systems such as airbags etc.
The start-up was normal with no warnings. The collision avoidance warning came on after I braked late after already driving for a while. Usually when this happens I get a series of warning beeps before the collision avoidance actually takes over. This time, the collision avoidance warning failure came on instead.

Like I said, when I restarted the head unit, the error went away. However, I suspect, the collision avoidance warning may come on again if it gets triggered.

·
Registered
3,962 Posts
The start-up was normal with no warnings. The collision avoidance warning came on after I braked late after already driving for a while. Usually when this happens I get a series of warning beeps before the collision avoidance actually takes over. This time, the collision avoidance warning failure came on instead.

Like I said, when I restarted the head unit, the error went away. However, I suspect, the collision avoidance warning may come on again if it gets triggered.
You often have collision avoidance trigger?

·
Registered
853 Posts
Do we know is it is 2.3.01 or something ?
Not sure. When 1.8.1 came out, the release notes said 1.8.1, but now the release notes say 2.3 same as it said a few weeks ago. The difference is that some items were removed.

·
Registered
2022 C40 Pure Electric Recharge
28 Posts
Easy way to check if Collision Avoidance System is working properly try this. Turn on the cruise control on the steering wheel. If it does not engage you will get a warning "unavailable". If this happens your Collision Avoidance System is not working. Found this out yesterday. Electronics are somewhat quirky...you may not get the warning that the Collision Avoidance system is unavailable but cruise is disabled. Software issue...Good Luck...

·
Registered
2022 Volvo C40 Fjord Blue Pure Electric Recharge Ultimat
557 Posts
You are very fortunate you were not in a crash. The system works...the reason I bought Volvo was SAFETY.
Going this am to bring my C40 in for further testing of the Collision Avoidance System.
Be safe...
Good luck and hope you get the malfunction resolved soon. Please keep us all posted on your resolution. Feels like yours maybe a major issue the 2.3 OTA hit, in addition to other quirks and open/closing/securing doors etc.

61 - 80 of 97 Posts