Volvo XC40 Forum banner
41 - 60 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
2022 C40 Pure Electric Recharge
28 Posts
It is covered by warranty, software fix issue don't know...what concerns me is that Volvo is NOT REPLACING the defective module. They want my car for testing. God knows how long they will have my car. I am not happy right now. Volvo action is very disturbing especially on a four month old new C40 recharge pure electric.

·
Registered
424 Posts
It is covered by warranty, software fix issue don't know...what concerns me is that Volvo is NOT REPLACING the defective module. They want my car for testing. God knows how long they will have my car. I am not happy right now. Volvo action is very disturbing especially on a four month old new C40 recharge pure electric.
Well if it's software-related, hopefully they can just re-load 2.2 and bring things back. Fingers crossed.

Reactions: BigVikC40Dadda

·
Registered
3,962 Posts
I hope so too. What bothers me is Volvo refusing to change out the module. It was diagnosed by Volvo tech at dealership as being bad. Does not work. Warranty repair simple...
If they know a module is bad they should replace it. Have you contacted volvo corporate?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Just got off phone with Volvo Customer Care. Explained my concern & they have set up a case# for review. Was informed that they will help to resolve situation. I will inform dealership tomorrow when I drop off my car. I will know more tomorrow.
Thanks for your concern.

·
Registered
3,962 Posts
Just got off phone with Volvo Customer Care. Explained my concern & they have set up a case# for review. Was informed that they will help to resolve situation. I will inform dealership tomorrow when I drop off my car. I will know more tomorrow.
Thanks for your concern.
Hopefully it will go properly now. It is sad when dealerships majorly drop the ball.

·
Registered
223 Posts
I hope so too. What bothers me is Volvo refusing to change out the module. It was diagnosed by Volvo tech at dealership as being bad. Does not work. Warranty repair simple...
So the module (which is hardware) was fried by the 2.3 update? Or did the 2.3 update just highlighted that it was a defective module?

·
Registered
28 Posts
It got fried. Kaput. It was working prior to V2.3 as I activated it once accidently. Now Volvo wants my car for testing. Volvo corporate did not approve a replacement module as requested by dealership tech. Was told by Volvo Corporate Customer service when I called to complain that they just will not throw parts at the car. I feel like my car is a Beta testing vehicle. Case filed.

·
Registered
3,962 Posts
It got fried. Kaput. It was working prior to V2.3 as I activated it once accidently. Now Volvo wants my car for testing. Volvo corporate did not approve a replacement module as requested by dealership tech. Was told by Volvo Corporate Customer service when I called to complain that they just will not throw parts at the car. I feel like my car is a Beta testing vehicle. Case filed.
But they are willing to replace the car?

Honestly replacing the car and using it as a test bed is the thing a caring company would do. You get a new car and they get Test machine with problems.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Has not gotten to that point yet...but it is coming if they do not resolve. I would not mind too much if it was an accessory of some kind not working but to have Collision Avoidance System not functioning is a serious problem.

·
Registered
2021 Glacier Silver XC40 Recharge P8
291 Posts
Has not gotten to that point yet...but it is coming if they do not resolve. I would not mind too much if it was an accessory of some kind not working but to have Collision Avoidance System not functioning is a serious problem.
I agree. The CAS is priceless. On an occasion last November it clearly saved my wife & I our lives or, at least, a long hospital stay.

·
Registered
2022 XC40 Recharge Twin Fusion Red
1,134 Posts
I agree. The CAS is priceless. On an occasion last November it clearly saved my wife & I our lives or, at least, a long hospital stay.
Never had it activate in our Recharge Twin, but we're in the USA visiting my parents at the moment and yesterday while driving my mom's XC40 T5 the collision avoidance prevented us from hitting a squirrel or small dog. I didn't see what it was as it jumped out from the tall grass along the road. Whatever it was must have jumped back into the grass just before we hit it as I saw the grass moving in the rear view mirror after the incident. So there you have it...need to have a sticker on the back that says "Caution: I brake for squirrels!" LOL!

·
Registered
853 Posts
Never had it activate in our Recharge Twin, but we're in the USA visiting my parents at the moment and yesterday while driving my mom's XC40 T5 the collision avoidance prevented us from hitting a squirrel or small dog. I didn't see what it was as it jumped out from the tall grass along the road. Whatever it was must have jumped back into the grass just before we hit it as I saw the grass moving in the rear view mirror after the incident. So there you have it...need to have a sticker on the back that says "Caution: I brake for squirrels!" LOL!
Like someone mentioned in a different thread, when auto-break engages, you think you hit an aircraft carrier. 🙂

·
Registered
2021 XC40 P8 - Onyx, 01/21, v2.3
69 Posts
We installed 2.3 on both of our XC40s. I can only speak to the one I drive regularly, but the IHU doesn't update map info on the main screen (with all four bars / tiles) if you cancel the routing before it's completed. Also last night, for the second time, the car wouldn't unlock with the door handle touch... it beeps, and then stays locked. Had to use the remote.
I had the same issue with 2.2 as well. I still have it with 2.3 but 2.3 can’t be blamed for it, I’m guessing it was a Maps update. Quite annoying though, I hope that gets fixed soon.

41 - 60 of 97 Posts