Volvo XC40 Forum banner
21 - 40 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Volvo C40 Fjord Blue Pure Electric Recharge Ultimat
557 Posts
Anyone actually download or had dealer install 2.3 yet? I've got an appointment with my dealer on Thurs, just curious if they can install 2.3 yet.
Yes, I had 2.3 installed by my local volvo dealer a week ago and it’s working great. I took the car for a 900 mile road trip last weekend and by the grace of God, the entire EV trip was flawless. 😌🔥👌

·
Registered
2022 XC40 Recharge Twin Pure - Thunder Grey - 20" Wheels / Climate Package
12 Posts
Drove my car for 15 minutes today and 2.3 update showed up on screen for install. Installed 2.3 OTA as soon as I returned home. Didn't take more than 15 minutes. Too soon for any observations...

·
Registered
124 Posts
This OTA update cycle was much closer to what I would expect from a mature process. Received the email earlier this week (Tuesday), next day received notification of update ready for install on the app and in the car, and installed same day. No issues.

Previously it's been at least a week lag between initial email notification of available update and car actually having the OTA downloaded and ready for install.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Did anyone that successfully installed the update received notifications on the phone app? Previous to 2.3 I received notifications, but this time I didn’t.
I received notification of the update being ready to install on the app. This has been normal for me for at least all updates since 2.0. Also if I'm in car at the time, I get the car notification for "ready to install" almost immediately after the app notification.

EDIT: to be clear, I also got app notifications for when 1) the install process actually started (with an estimated completion time), and 2) when it actually finished.

·
Registered
2021 XC40 Recharge | Bursting Blue
124 Posts
The speed limit sign in the dash display, which had previously been very accurate, is now bouncing around between 15 mph and the correct speed limit, on roads where it previously had no issues.

Is anyone else having this issue.

IE I'm driving down a road that is 45mph. The speed limit display in the dash is bouncing between 15 and 45 every few hundred feet. Previously it would just display the correct limit of 45.

·
Registered
2022 XC40 Recharge Twin Pure - Thunder Grey - 20" Wheels / Climate Package
12 Posts
Did anyone that successfully installed the update received notifications on the phone app? Previous to 2.3 I received notifications, but this time I didn’t.
I received a notification on my iphone stating that the new software was available and ready to Install. Didn't look at my Volvo app prior to that, but it did have the Volvo Cars app logo on the notification

·
Registered
853 Posts
The speed limit sign in the dash display, which had previously been very accurate, is now bouncing around between 15 mph and the correct speed limit, on roads where it previously had no issues.

IE I'm driving down a road that is 45mph. The speed limit display in the dash is bouncing between 15 and 45 every few hundred feet. Previously it would just display the correct limit of 45.
Didn’t notice anything like that when I drove it today. Maybe reset the IHU?

·
Registered
853 Posts
I just realized why I didn’t get noticed. The connection between my car and the app is lost.
Tried logging off and then back on but it’s still not connected.
I know the issue is not related to 2.3, so if someone knows how to fix it please let me know.

·
Registered
2021 Glacier Silver XC40 Recharge P8
291 Posts
I just realized why I didn’t get noticed. The connection between my car and the app is lost.
Tried logging off and then back on but it’s still not connected.
I know the issue is not related to 2.3, so if someone knows how to fix it please let me know.
Did you reboot the IHU? (press and hold the button at the bottom of the center screen until the volvo name appears)

·
Registered
853 Posts
Did you reboot the IHU? (press and hold the button at the bottom of the center screen until the volvo name appears)
Not yet. I’ll try it later.
I keep forgetting to that after updating.
Thanks for the reminder.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Another small quality-of-life improvement I found in 2.3, fixing something I have griped about before:

The Google Maps view on the driver's display zooms out when accelerating past 48 mph, and zooms back in when decelerating below about 43 mph. Before, it would zoom both out and in at around 44 mph, leading to it repeatedly bouncing in and out when cruising around that speed.

Someone's paying attention to details now!

·
Registered
180 Posts
Another small quality-of-life improvement I found in 2.3, fixing something I have griped about before:

The Google Maps view on the driver's display zooms out when accelerating past 48 mph, and zooms back in when decelerating below about 43 mph. Before, it would zoom both out and in at around 44 mph, leading to it repeatedly bouncing in and out when cruising around that speed.

Someone's paying attention to details now!
YES! YES! YES! Thank goodness!

·
Registered
2 Posts
On a C40 with 2.3 update, somehow the Google Maps app is misbehaving for me. When I punch-in a destination, before this update, Maps would tell me expected battery fullness upon reaching. After this update, Maps doesn't display projected battery information, but only arrival time!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey guys, got my 2.3 update for the XC40 AWD yesterday here in Germany. I had the feeling that they decreased the effect of OPD, has someone noticed that as well? I had to use the break more often than before. Wasnt there another discussion about 2.2 and the weaker OPD?

·
Registered
2022 XC40 Ultimate, Sage Green
231 Posts

I had this issue only it was 15kph, and it was fixed with an IHU reboot a day before the update, then had a Parking Assist error hours before I loaded 2.3. I also got a TPMS warning. Checked everything and less than a 1PSI difference between left and right rear, so it’s either very sensitive or a false positive. Pumped up and reset. Everything seems fine now. On the subject of OPD, I did notice a change between 2.1 and 2.2, but nothing with 2.3.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Is it me or when reversing the 360 camera is not triggering as often with 2.3 (when compared with earlier release where it almost always triggered 360 if anything was around while reversing)?

Got the update email on Wednesday. Got notification in the car about the upgrade Thursday. Applied and finished within 20 or so minutes, BTW.

21 - 40 of 58 Posts