Volvo XC40 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
2022 XC40 Recharge
365 Posts
Anyone actually download or had dealer install 2.3 yet? I've got an appointment with my dealer on Thurs, just curious if they can install 2.3 yet.

·
Registered
2021 XC40 Recharge | Bursting Blue
124 Posts
Anyone actually download or had dealer install 2.3 yet? I've got an appointment with my dealer on Thurs, just curious if they can install 2.3 yet.
We had 2.3 installed by the dealer on Saturday. My wife had an error message pop on her car on the way to work Friday morning that rendered Pilot Assist and her rear backup camera inoperable.

Took the car over to the dealer on Saturday and they told us that "it required an update". Got the car back with 2.3 (updated from 2.2).

I think the car just needed a reset but they also updated it to 2.3 at the time. Don't know which is the truth.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I haven't seen the car ask for the 2.3 updates yet and I'm on 2.2 I wonder if i can force the update.
No, you can't. The car downloads the datafile for the update 2.3 via OTA (Over The Air) and when ready for install you will get a notification in Volvo Cars app and in center display in the car. The update requires that you lock the car and leave it for 30 up to 90 minutes.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Volvo has been all over the place when it comes to software notifications in my year and 27,000 miles of owning this vehicle. I got 1.7 downloaded the same day as the email was sent out last year. 1.8 I got a few days after. Then nothing after that but email after email, update after update with nothing… I went from 1.8 in December straight to 2.2 this past July. No email for 2.2, but it was the only time I got a notification in the app.

·
Registered
'22 C40 Fjord Blue in & out
267 Posts
I got the notice in my app this afternoon. When I parked after driving home from work I ran the update. Done in about 30 minutes. All good so far.
Me too, got the email this afternoon and then the update on my C40 later this evening. The only visible difference so far is as the release notes said, the trip stats pop-up window has been redesigned.

·
Registered
854 Posts
I got the email for the XC40 yesterday, no email for the XC60. Both cars are showing the update ready to be installed today.

One thing I noticed different is that there was notification from the app about the update ready the be installed.

A few minutes ago I started the installation on the XC40 (no notification either). I’m now waiting for the install to be complete.

Reactions: Ces
1 - 20 of 58 Posts