Volvo XC40 Forum banner
41 - 60 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
In the meantime, I’ll just busy myself with some EV maintenance (I like to do my own work)
Fluid Hood Wood Gas Elbow

But seriously, yes CarPlay, and fast. Our car is driving me nuts with its flakey GPS and Bluetooth. We’ll have to make an appointment at the dealer probably since we’ve been stuck on 1.81.

·
Registered
248 Posts
I had an HUD recently on a Volvo loaner and was underwhelmed. We are not fighter pilots.
That’s actually the one feature that I find myself missing the most I drive our XC40. On our other Volvo, the HUD helps me a lot and I find that I never really look down at the gauge cluster. Also greatly improves engagement with the Pilot Assist program, which thankfully still works the “old” way on Sensus.

Reactions: VTBUCKEYE

·
Registered
331 Posts
Hi Everyone, another Car Play update. Unfortunately I just learned that it will NOT be arriving with Google 2.1 week 20. Very disappointing, I know. Some bugs were discovered so it has been pushed back to week 26 (week of June 26). I am very sorry about this but it is what it is.
Well that’s the bummer of the week. Worse than this awful Minnesota spring we’ve been having…. and that’s pretty bad!!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hi Everyone, another Car Play update. Unfortunately I just learned that it will NOT be arriving with Google 2.1 week 20. Very disappointing, I know. Some bugs were discovered so it has been pushed back to week 26 (week of June 26). I am very sorry about this but it is what it is.
Glad they are taking things carefully, thanks for updating us.

·
Registered
2022 XC40 Recharge Twin Fusion Red
641 Posts
In the meantime, I’ll just busy myself with some EV maintenance (I like to do my own work)
View attachment 3475

But seriously, yes CarPlay, and fast. Our car is driving me nuts with its flakey GPS and Bluetooth. We’ll have to make an appointment at the dealer probably since we’ve been stuck on 1.81.
Oh, so that’s where you put the blinker fluid? ;)

·
Registered
705 Posts
/puts on sarcasm hat/ I guess the question is, what will arrive first, apple CarPlay or the tux mat liners /takes off sarcasm hat/

·
Registered
2022 XC40 Recharge Twin Fusion Red
641 Posts
Yes:
Hmm…I wonder if this will fix the “I refuse to acknowledge you changed the charge limit from 90% to 80% because I’m super hungry for electrons” bug? Happened again to me yesterday. We had set charge limit to 90% the day before, and charged to about 88%. When we were out and about driving, I set the charge limit back down to 80%. Next morning I checked the app as I had expected the charge to have completed by breakfast time and sure enough, it was at 82% and still going…hmm! This is about the 3rd time this has happened to us, and it happened both before and after V2.0 update.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Since we're not getting CarPlay until June, it would be nice if 2.1 fixed the RDS problem... none of my FM radio channels ever update information on song/artist playing, it constantly displays whatever was loaded when the profile was first set up months and months ago.

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
So the wife's XC40 stopped responding to Hey Google, but voice button works, told her to reboot. My C40 today would not respond to Hey Google or button, even after 2 reboots, oddly locked the car to run in an vote, came out 10 minutes later and hey Google worked.

Volvo PLEASE GET YOUR QA and bug fixes in order, this is maddening, fix one, break 2 with releases.

41 - 60 of 61 Posts