Volvo XC40 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
3-ish weeks. 3 weeks til Monday, but of course could be Friday....

·
Registered
White P8 aka ORKA * OTA V2.0 * MFD 1/21 * 20" ride.
925 Posts
My "Hey Google" has been problematic since V2.0 --- Should not have to reboot every 2-3 days! Starting to be annoying.
If the ICONS for controls (AC, Steering, Seats, Music selection etc) were LARGE enough to SEE and ACCESS easily, I would have been more than happy (Previous cars didn't have those access either).

Hope we don't go "forward" 1 step but backwards 2 steps!

At the end....I know.... it's still a first world problem ! Love you Orka !

·
Registered
4 Posts
I’ve also lost my Hey Google at times, glad it wasn’t just me.
My "Hey Google" has been problematic since V2.0 --- Should not have to reboot every 2-3 days! Starting to be annoying.
If the ICONS for controls (AC, Steering, Seats, Music selection etc) were LARGE enough to SEE and ACCESS easily, I would have been more than happy (Previous cars didn't have those access either).

Hope we don't go "forward" 1 step but backwards 2 steps!

At the end....I know.... it's still a first world problem ! Love you Orka !

·
Registered
White P8 aka ORKA * OTA V2.0 * MFD 1/21 * 20" ride.
925 Posts
Wishful Thinking......
- Make the ICONS to control Temperature LARGER to facilitate TOUCH screen, especially the common ones for AC, Seat and Steering Heaters. That way, when "Hey Goblin" doesn't work, then at least with a quick browse (even while driving), it's easily accessible. Yes, in theory, Driver should not be messing with the screen; in reality, majority of impatient fingers DO ...especially at Traffic lights etc..... Even so, I have to squint my eyes and with LASER focus of finger tips be able to HIT the right icons.....

·
Registered
329 Posts
Is there a reason you're thinking CarPlay might be in this update? Or just guessing based on timing?
There was a post a few weeks back from an individual who said they were with Volvo corporate, indicated that wired CarPlay is coming week 20.

Reactions: snoopy369

·
Registered
40 Posts
There was a post a few weeks back from an individual who said they were with Volvo corporate, indicated that wired CarPlay is coming week 20.

Ah, I missed that - thanks! That seems much more positive than anything else we've seen, and explains the "week 20" from the title!

·
Premium Member
2021 White XC40 Recharge P8
334 Posts

Chris’ reply to a post on 3/30/2022

Software update 2.0

·
Registered
40 Posts
I'm curious about the Wired decision... was it a Google decision (maybe they support wireless AA but not CarPlay to have a differentiator) or was it hardware based (even though we're pretty sure the more important hardware, i.e. the wifi connection, is there), or something else (and if it's something else, is it possible to eventually get Wireless)?

I'm not too worried - wired CarPlay is 95% of the way there from my point of view, especially if they get the front-HUD display map working with CarPlay (no idea if Apple even supports that, though). If I have to plug my phone in, not the end of the world. I'm usually doing so anyway.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts