Volvo XC40 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2021 XC40 Recharge P8 Sage Green
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car has a little compartment between the shift lever and the phone charging pad. It even has a little flip-up door. What is it designed to hold? It's too small for my wallet, wrong shape for a USB cable. 🤷‍♂️

·
Registered
325 Posts
My car has a little compartment between the shift lever and the phone charging pad. It even has a little flip-up door. What is it designed to hold? It's too small for my wallet, wrong shape for a USB cable. 🤷‍♂️
In Europe they put an ashtray in there - can put change in there or when open it will hold your phone in a stand up position.

·
Registered
2021 XC40 Recharge P8 - Thunder Gray
35 Posts
Hey Azemon, is that the one above the phone charger? It looks like a credit card holder. Hidden so it is out of view from would be thief.

·
Registered
2021 XC40 Recharge
141 Posts
Hey Azemon, is that the one above the phone charger? It looks like a credit card holder. Hidden so it is out of view from would be thief.
Learn something new everyday! that is another credit card etc holder and definitely out of view.

·
Registered
2021 XC40 Recharge P8 Sage Green
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
In Europe they put an ashtray in there
Too funny! I'm definitely "of an age" to have owned many many cars with ashtrays. But it's been so long since I have been in a car with anyone who smokes that I had completely put ashtrays out of mind.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Too funny! I'm definitely "of an age" to have owned many many cars with ashtrays. But it's been so long since I have been in a car with anyone who smokes that I had completely put ashtrays out of mind.
lol and where the 12 v charging point is was actually a cigarette lighter and as a kid quickly learnt how hot they get!!!

·
Registered
2021 XC40 P8 20", Heat Pump.
47 Posts
I keep the screen cleaning cloth in there. Fits well and is readily available when I need to wipe the screen.

Reactions: Clocky
1 - 15 of 15 Posts