Volvo XC40 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

We got our Recharge on Aug 1st. On Aug 10, we got an email from Volvo and it included the following verbaige:

==
"Your complimentary SiriusXM trial

Your vehicle is equipped with SiriusXM satellite radio hardware, but the in-vehicle feature is currently unavailable.

In the meantime, you can begin exploring all of the premium entertainment available through SiriusXM's streaming service. Listen anywhere with the SiriusXM app, including in your Volvo XC40 Recharge via Bluetooth, online, and at home on your connected devices. As a courtesy, Volvo has extended your SiriusXM trial from 3 months to 12 months so that you may enjoy the benefits of your SiriusXM trial when they become available in your vehicle. Your 12-month trial is already active.

Create your streaming credentials today and start enjoying over 300 channels of ad-free music, plus sports, news, talk, and comedy. Keep an eye out for a communication from SiriusXM and Volvo Cars with further details."

==

My SiriusXM account is showing the trial subscription will end on Feb 1, 2022 - so it's only a 6-month trial subscription (instead of the 12-month mentioned in the Volvo email).

Just wondering if you are also seeing the same thing with your SiriusXM trial subscription...

Cheers,

--
nathan

·
Registered
2021 Glacier Silver XC40 Recharge P8
114 Posts
Yes, I saw same thng just after my delivery in July. Call Sirius customer service and they will take care of it for you.

·
Registered
2021 White XC40 Recharge P8
226 Posts
Took deliver of my P8 in May and SiriusXM trial subscription ends May, 2022 with extension. Been burning my own cell data streaming SiriusXM via Bluetooth. Although it works well I’m still looking forward to in-vehicle satellite radio.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks a bunch for your replies... i did call SiriusXM but they claim Volvo will need to contact them instead... already got a case opened with Volvo's customer care... hoping for the best :) yes, i have been streaming using the trial subscription... not optimal but works for now :)

Thanks again for your input!

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Not interested in XM on my phoen unless they push their app to the AAOS , otherwise Spotify is fine for me. I bailed on You Tube Music as the AAOS app was junk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts