Volvo XC40 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just received an offer in my mailbox from SiriusXM for 3 additional months to add to the 12 month deal through Volvo. I activated the offer, which is: For a $2.00 processing fee SiriusXM will tack on 3 additional months free to my subscription, for a total of 15 months.

I know why they did that. They now have my card on file so that there will be a seamless transition from free to paid. It does state that I can cancel at any time, so I'm fine with it.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I just took possession of my leased volvo xc40 recharge.. i can not find the sirius xm app or button.. or HD radio.. just the FM radio app... is that app hidden?

·
Registered
2021 XC40 P8 Recharge
14 Posts
I just took possession of my leased volvo xc40 recharge.. i can not find the sirius xm app or button.. or HD radio.. just the FM radio app... is that app hidden?
Exacly, I just bought mine Sunday, this was in the glove box. XM is not available.

·
Registered
2021 XC40 Recharge
6 Posts
If you want to use Sirius XM you have to stream it via bluetooth using an app on your phone. There is no app for it yet on the center console Android Automotive OS.

·
Registered
2021 White XC40 Recharge P8
226 Posts
Exacly, I just bought mine Sunday, this was in the glove box. XM is not available.
Although the hardware is in the vehicle, Volvo is still working on the interface with the Android Automotive OS. I received the following from Volvo Customer Service:

Thank you for contacting Volvo! OTA should start to roll out this summer in batches. Apple Car Play and android auto will be available later in 2022. Sirius XM will be available late fall of 2021. Once OTA launches our support site ill update on what gets updated with software updates for customers to view. Sorry for any inconvenience that this may cause.

·
Registered
2021 Sage Green XC Recharge & 2021 Metallic Silver XC Recharge
15 Posts
Although the hardware is in the vehicle, Volvo is still working on the interface with the Android Automotive OS. I received the following from Volvo Customer Service:
I just bought mine Friday and overall, I love the car, but I'm an Apple guy and I'm used to things just working, this software is ridiculous. I called Sirrus and moved the account for my trade in over and now I find the Sirrus app does not exist and won't be here for months and Apple CarPlay won't be available until what, 2022? I will get past this but they can do better than this.

Reactions: EV-Al

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
I just bought mine Friday and overall, I love the car, but I'm an Apple guy and I'm used to things just working, this software is ridiculous. I called Sirrus and moved the account for my trade in over and now I find the Sirrus app does not exist and won't be here for months and Apple CarPlay won't be available until what, 2022? I will get past this but they can do better than this.
Welcome to the Volvo Beat program. I am really trying to enjoy the car even with all the headaches I have had in 6 weeks and only 950 miles. Volvo really should be doing something for us such as extending thewarranty of offering something. They made available a good will credit, but it is like a top secret national security program it is so hard to get dealers to know about it or offer it.

·
Registered
270 Posts
I just bought mine Friday and overall, I love the car, but I'm an Apple guy and I'm used to things just working...
I'm a Tesla guy, and used to things generally not working well at first. My 2018 Model 3 still has some rough software edges, and I've been waiting for "Full Self Driving" for four years. I imagine my XC40 P8 will be about the same experience, but that's OK, it's a beautiful drive.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I'm a Tesla guy, and used to things generally not working well at first. My 2018 Model 3 still has some rough software edges, and I've been waiting for "Full Self Driving" for four years. I imagine my XC40 P8 will be about the same experience, but that's OK, it's a beautiful drive.
No kidding. When I got my Model 3 in early 2018, it couldn’t do jack compared to what it can do now. I’m giving Volvo a break, at least they’re trying. Meanwhile, we still pick the Volvo over the Model 3 when heading out on a day trip!

·
Registered
2021 Sage Green XC Recharge & 2021 Metallic Silver XC Recharge
15 Posts
No kidding. When I got my Model 3 in early 2018, it couldn’t do jack compared to what it can do now. I’m giving Volvo a break, at least they’re trying. Meanwhile, we still pick the Volvo over the Model 3 when heading out on a day trip!
Actually we bought two XC40 P8's, his and hers, I thought about Tesla for a hot minute, I really thought about Polestar, couldn't find a Jaguar, and didn't want most of the others, the truth is I've always loved the Swedish take on cars, and owned Saabs and Volvos when I was much younger. The final decision came when I test drove one, the feeling was like nothing I had ever experienced in my life, my wife said the same thing. by the time we got back to the dealer I didn't want to even look at my trade-in. The tipping point was the current market for used cars, I traded in a two year old vehicle and lost almost nothing, add in the different incentives, factor in the federal tax credit. and I felt they almost gave me the car. Within a few days my wife told me she wanted it for her driver, so back we go with her car, and they had one left, and we got the same deal plus this time we received the loyalty incentive as volvo owners, it just got better. Plus the charger deal from charge point so I have two home chargers coming. Yes there are a few bumps on the software road, these will be ironed out. I have bluetoothed Sirius for my wife from her iPhone until the app comes, and I'm doing the same for my podcasts until apple CarPlay hits next year. I would like the cars app to work that's frustrating, but there are times when the Mercedes Me app is not working for whatever reason on the one gas car I'm keeping (a convertible for sunny days). I'm reminded of what an older neighbor told us after we had our son years ago and we had been up night after night with his crying, she looked at us, smiled and said "This too shall pass". So too shall these glitches...

·
Registered
5 Posts
I don't see anything here about FM HD stations on the Recharge not installed. Volvo Canada says it's there but can't tell me how to tune it. My Dealer just told me it is not available.
So a $70,000 (CDN) car has no AM radio, NO Sirius XM and no FM HD, That's just not right!
2021 XC 40 P9 Recharge
2020 Porsche Taycan Turbo

·
Registered
18 Posts
I don't see anything here about FM HD stations on the Recharge not installed. Volvo Canada says it's there but can't tell me how to tune it. My Dealer just told me it is not available.
So a $70,000 (CDN) car has no AM radio, NO Sirius XM and no FM HD, That's just not right!
2021 XC 40 P9 Recharge
2020 Porsche Taycan Turbo
Agreed - i use the tunnl radio app.. and spotify.. by the way is there really a xc40 p9 recharge in Canada or is that a typo?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Yes we are in Canada! Our dealer here in the Vancouver BC area has sold several of them. We put a deposit down in February for An Audi Q4 etron but gave up waiting to order it and went with the Volvo. It's a great car so far but not happy about the radio issue. We are seniors have no idea what Spotify etc are.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I actually wish we had the option to opt-out of having our information shared with XM at all. They have filled up my mailbox with junk mail and have called my phone a few times (despite me asking to be removed from the call list the first time).

We just have no interest in the service and never turned it on once, in all the Volvos we have purchased that had it.

I wish Volvo would give an easy-out to deny sharing of customer data with this company.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts