Volvo XC40 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Twice since receiving the SiriusXM app I have had the station name and the song title freeze in the display. I can still change stations and hear the new channel but the station information and the song title doesn't change. The album artwork did change. I had to reboot the IHU to reset. I think ver 1.0 needs an update. No surprise here.

·
Registered
296 Posts
As the P8 is my wife‘s car I do not drive it often. Today was my first long drive (about 100+ miles) and I did not see such an issue. But I am reply to say this: for the prior 10k miles we’ve had the car, when I have driven it, I have seen the exact error you Describe here when using Spotify. So I think the issue lies with the AAOS, not with the SXM app itself, if that makes sense.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Twice since receiving the SiriusXM app I have had the station name and the song title freeze in the display. I can still change stations and hear the new channel but the station information and the song title doesn't change. The album artwork did change. I had to reboot the IHU to reset. I think ver 1.0 needs an update. No surprise here.
I have had the problem of SiriusXM channel name and song title not changing several more times. I think I found a solution - I went into settings and then applications. I found the SiriusXM app and cleared the cache. This seemed to solve the problem.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have been experiencing the same problem since the update installed XM. I did not drive my car yesterday and it apparently went into deep sleep. I started driving and everything was working perfectly. I breathed a sigh of relief thinking that they must have installed an update the prior day. That lasted about 20 minutes when the car reverted to its prior behavior and stopped showing the correct XM channel even though the channel was changing. In order to tell what I was changing the channel to, I had to go back to my favorites list and pick from that list. I do not have any similar problem with Spotify so I must assume that it is a glitch in the XM software that was installed with the 1.7 update.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Sorry, I'm new to this...what is IHU?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Clearing the XM cache did not solve the problem for me.
I'm taking it to the dealership on Friday; they have been in contact with Volvo Tech and want to troubleshoot...whatever that means. It was at the dealership for an entire day last week and the SiriusXM worked perfectly for them, and me until I drove it off the lot and the sticking started all over again. At least when I turned around and took it back they were able to take a video of the "app" not working.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts