Volvo XC40 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got the V1.7 update at the dealership last week. Was pretty excited to finally have my SiriusXM, however the app seems to stick when changing stations. For example, it will show PopRocks, Channel 12 on the display and gets stuck there, even when the music is coming from a different station, such as First Wave, Channel 33. The only way to fix this is to reboot the Infotainment System. The SiriusXM app will work for a little bit, then it again gets the display stuck on a station and doesn’t change the display, irrespective of whatever station actually may be playing music.

Volvo Service has no clue other than for me to bring the car back for a diagnostic check.

I’m wondering it this is happening because the app is streaming over internet, versus hard-wired in the car like on my former Tesla, etc.

·
Registered
69 Posts
The app that came with V1.7 is not streaming - it’s connected to the SiriusXM hardware in your car. I get the same dropout on my commute to work that I had with my S60 (and it didn’t happen when I used the app on my iPhone to stream it via bluetooth to the P8 before V1.7. I’ve had no issues with it. I wonder if they can reinstall V1.7

·
Registered
386 Posts
Got the V1.7 update at the dealership last week. Was pretty excited to finally have my SiriusXM, however the app seems to stick when changing stations. For example, it will show PopRocks, Channel 12 on the display and gets stuck there, even when the music is coming from a different station, such as First Wave, Channel 33. The only way to fix this is to reboot the Infotainment System. The SiriusXM app will work for a little bit, then it again gets the display stuck on a station and doesn’t change the display, irrespective of whatever station actually may be playing music.

Volvo Service has no clue other than for me to bring the car back for a diagnostic check.

I’m wondering it this is happening because the app is streaming over internet, versus hard-wired in the car like on my former Tesla, etc.
Got the 1.7 update last Friday - no sticky on the screen - screen changes to match the channel it is on - works every time.

·
Registered
26 Posts

This is happening to me from..time to time. I can fix it by rebooting the IHU or logging into another profile and then coming back to mine. It happens enough to be annoying more than anything. Wondering if you ended up having Volvo take a look?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This is happening to me from..time to time. I can fix it by rebooting the IHU or logging into another profile and then coming back to mine. It happens enough to be annoying more than anything. Wondering if you ended up having Volvo take a look?
It has been in to Volvo, who said they had a fix from Volvo Tech. I took it home and the next day the problem came back, so clearly it wasn't fixed. My dealership went back to Volvo Tech...I think they're communicating. At this point, I'm beyond annoyed. Tesla would have blasted out a software patch at this point.

·
Registered
10 Posts
It has been in to Volvo, who said they had a fix from Volvo Tech. I took it home and the next day the problem came back, so clearly it wasn't fixed. My dealership went back to Volvo Tech...I think they're communicating. At this point, I'm beyond annoyed. Tesla would have blasted out a software patch at this point.
Mine does the same since the 1.7 update
Resetting resolves it for a while also

1 - 6 of 6 Posts