Volvo XC40 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, not, strictly speaking, an XC40 question but... since there's a year of Sirius-XM in the car, and I have an existing XM account(I use a portable receiver kit), is there a price break for two devices for the same owner? The current package is hellish expensive as it is. Grrr...

·
Registered
8 Posts
OK, not, strictly speaking, an XC40 question but... since there's a year of Sirius-XM in the car, and I have an existing XM account(I use a portable receiver kit), is there a price break for two devices for the same owner? The current package is hellish expensive as it is. Grrr...
I extended my current subscription with SiriusXM once my Volvo subscription expired. Smooth transition. I slso negotiated a lower annual fee.
ddw

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We're 70/30 against feeding more money to to Sirius XM. I'll try negociating something closer to what we want/use. Otherwise... meh, no great loss.

IMHO, the receiver's ...um... lame? No buffering for a quick drive under an overpass? Our (old) Starmate receiver has a better receiver, and buffers past when the antenna's blocked.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I only have one XM device (the in car XM radio), but I do get access to the Sirius XM app. I'm currently paying a hair over $30 total for 6 months. I've been able to renew that deal at least 3 times without too much hassle. You def have to call at the end of the 6 months though or they will jack the price way up. It's a crappy business model IMO and it crushes my opinion of their brand, but their content is hard to beat IMO.

·
Registered
9 Posts
yes, Sirius XM negotiation goes like this: say "I want to cancel", they transfer you to some sales drone, you say anything that has the words "too expensive" or "can't afford it", sales drone tells you about special deal for you for $5/mo for 6 mo or a year or something like that. You say yes but I'm tempted to try to get lower than that for entertainment purposes.

Sat. radio is nice if terrestrial radio is not there or weak (esp. if you drive in the country areas). I also just use the Sirius XM app (no extra cost since I already have Sirius XM in another car) on Android in the car (but you need a decent cell signal).

I'm still on the fence if the membership is worth it; I'm not sure if we get Sirius XM for 3 mo or a year?

Dennis

·
Registered
52 Posts
In 2020 it was 3 months. And yes, we always do the "I want to cancel" deal and get it for $5 a month for 6 months. So stupid but it works.

·
Registered
2020 Volvo XC40 T5 R-Design
34 Posts
In 2020 it was 3 months. And yes, we always do the "I want to cancel" deal and get it for $5 a month for 6 months. So stupid but it works.
I'm going on 5 months in my 2020 and i still have the free trial in my car. I never use it as i just listen to apple music radio stations so i let the free trials always expire.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
FWIW, we use a Siriuis XM receiver (one unit, multiple mounts). At the moment, it's in my office, but it also lives in our VW Westy, and was in our boat. Very nice to have when in Outer Jabip or anchored off Pomme de Terre. I'll try the "cost too darn much" trick.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts