Volvo XC40 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Registered
2,537 Posts
No insight, but I doubt it. Always possible it will depend on demand and considering I bet they sell very few of these in other than and handful of states anyway.

· Registered
2022 XC40 Recharge Twin Fusion Red
1,493 Posts
We just got word it’s coming to Australia. Also for 2023 they’re bumping the price on the dual-motor up by $3000AUD...to $79,990AUD. I think the single-motor will be about $7000AUD cheaper than the dual motor, but single motor version also comes with a smaller battery pack so the range is less than dual motor.

· Registered
XC40 P8 (on order due Aug 2022)
62 Posts
We had our order confirmed as a MY23. Wonder what will happy to the contract price we signed... Fingers crossed but by the sounds of it, we are gonna be spending a bit extra...

· Registered
1,493 Posts
We had our order confirmed as a MY23. Wonder what will happy to the contract price we signed... Fingers crossed but by the sounds of it, we are gonna be spending a bit extra...
I'd think if you signed a contract with price on it, you will get it for that price...it is a contract! So maybe you lucked out and beat the price rise so to speak! :)

· Registered
2,537 Posts
XC40 Recharge in US only comes in R-Design trim and for 22 went vegan. I don’t notice it in the seats, but steering wheel is noticeable difference,

· Registered
1,493 Posts
XC40 Recharge in US only comes in R-Design trim and for 22 went vegan. I don’t notice it in the seats, but steering wheel is noticeable difference,
Yeah for whatever reason the AUS 2022 Recharge has leather seats, leather gear knob, but synthetic steering wheel. I kinda prefer the leather seats as I think they’re easier to keep clean than suede-like material...so I was happy we got the leather.

· Registered
62 Posts
I like the new wheels and the new front looks more EV so happy with that. But sad about the leather seats no-longer being an option. Here was the email we got from Volvo.

Font Screenshot Number Terrestrial plant Document

· Registered
1,493 Posts
I like the new wheels and the new front looks more EV so happy with that. But sad about the leather seats no-longer being an option. Here was the email we got from Volvo.

View attachment 2216
Yeah, I’m with you on the wheels - they look a lot easier to clean than the multi-spoke 20s on the 2022. I’m sure the new front will grow on me but I kinda like the “old” front better at the moment. Would have to try the non-leather seats for comparison to make a judgement on that. Bummer you have to wait so long for yours! Glad we got in early (took delivery in September).

· Registered
62 Posts
I guess the positive is we will be one of the first MY23s. If it's not the first one to come to Aus, ill be a little annoyed!

It's a long wait but genuinely excited for when it arrives.

· Registered
1,493 Posts
I guess the positive is we will be one of the first MY23s. If it's not the first one to come to Aus, ill be a little annoyed!

It's a long wait but genuinely excited for when it arrives.
For sure! Have you selected a colour yet? I think there’s a few changes for 2023...not sure our builds will match the Ghent cars, but I think Fusion Red is gone for 23 and Fjord Blue is added. May be other colours like a light gold added as well.

· Registered
62 Posts
For sure! Have you selected a colour yet? I think there’s a few changes for 2023...not sure our builds will match the Ghent cars, but I think Fusion Red is gone for 23 and Fjord Blue is added. May be other colours like a light gold added as well.
Yeap we went with Thunder Grey and looks like it's still on offer which is good (going by the UK configurator) gather now the announcement has been made, the AU site will get updates with the changes.

· Registered
1,493 Posts
Yeap we went with Thunder Grey and looks like it's still on offer which is good (going by the UK configurator) gather now the announcement has been made, the AU site will get updates with the changes.
Nice! Thunder looks great!

· Registered
160 Posts
We just got word it’s coming to Australia. Also for 2023 they’re bumping the price on the dual-motor up by $3000AUD...to $79,990AUD. I think the single-motor will be about $7000AUD cheaper than the dual motor, but single motor version also comes with a smaller battery pack so the range is less than dual motor.
lol and in the upgrade to the dual motor you pay more for the pleasure of having fake leather!! The single motor comes in cheaper because it comes in cheaper under some govt concession limits

· Registered
1,493 Posts
lol and in the upgrade to the dual motor you pay more for the pleasure of having fake leather!! The single motor comes in cheaper because it comes in cheaper under some govt concession limits
I think everything for AUS gets "fake leather" for 2023, so those of us who got the 2022 with "real" leather got a bonus...plus we got for $3000 less. :)

· Registered
1,493 Posts
I wonder how much tweaking was done though. For example, the antenna design...
Haha yeah, who knows? I assume the antenna issue was either part quality or assembly issue (by looking at the service bulletin, it appears they check to see if the TCAM module is fully clipped into the roof panel - my theory is that if it's not clipped in fully, it sticks up slightly at the back, preventing the shark fin cover from sitting down and then the double-sided tape seal doesn't adhere properly). Not sure what hardware changes they would have made other than the styling/headlamp issues...but yes, you'd hope that some of the quality and software issues would have been addressed by now so later production should be getting better! :)

· Registered
160 Posts
Haha yeah, who knows? I assume the antenna issue was either part quality or assembly issue (by looking at the service bulletin, it appears they check to see if the TCAM module is fully clipped into the roof panel - my theory is that if it's not clipped in fully, it sticks up slightly at the back, preventing the shark fin cover from sitting down and then the double-sided tape seal doesn't adhere properly). Not sure what hardware changes they would have made other than the styling/headlamp issues...but yes, you'd hope that some of the quality and software issues would have been addressed by now so later production should be getting better! :)
I'm wondering if the chinese assembled ones are better made, like the tesla 3's in china are better made?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.